Will the real cowboys please stand up

resilient part 2

Okay we have discussed this before, how this team can be so hard to predict. We seem to be a 4 and 12 team + 8 + 8 team or even a playoff contender in just a few games so far this season.

Is this trend going to continue

Will we show some consistency in a good way? Or will we somehow show that this game today was a fluke

Opinions discuss here but how will this season end up from here

Until this this team gets even somewhat consistent (which I realize is the point) I'd say the 4 and 12 type team. Even though we have the talent to do much better.

I mean what are we going to do when Beez gets double teamed and Dak gets spied by a LB'er next week.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Until this this team gets even somewhat consistent (which I realize is the point) I'd say the 4 and 12 type team. Even though we have the talent to do much better.

I mean what are we going to do when Beez gets double teamed and Dak gets spied by a LB'er next week.

Uhh.... 4-12? You do realize we have 3 wins with 10 games to go right?

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m convinced JG is a cockroach.  Just when you think he’s dead, he comes back alive.  It’s frustrating.

But we did see the real cowboys defense today.  Getting Irving and Collins back was huge.  

I hope so we will need all hands on deck in secondary against Wash and it’s a road game and Wash ran well against Carolina. Good test for the D and can we stop the silly stupid early mistakes that have cost us huge on our road games.  Today Beasley was great but we scored 10 points on two drives with the ball spread around to Spain Gathers Gallup Beasley Austin all receiving 10 plus yard passes    It was after those two drives that it became the Beasley show    That is what we need more of but it all goes back to how well our OL is doing today Smith seemed him dominate self and we did great making lanes for Elliot 

OK here is where I doom myself.

But looking at the remaining schedule I can see Dallas possibly going 10 and 6. Dallas will still have it's ups and downs offensively, BUT Dallas, with the reemergence of D Irving, Collins and hopefully RG (and Lee?), may actually have a top tier defense (when was the last time that was said) which may anchor us for the rest of the season. 

With a strong defense there is always a fighting chance to be in any games. On offense teams will still have to account for Zeke. The O-line played better against top level defense in Jacksonville. The much beleaguered coaching staff finally used Dak's legs to loosen up the offense. Perhaps someone like Rico can emerge in the all important weapons department as well. 

Or maybe I am just foolishly getting caught up in yesterday's game.

But as I said earlier this season, maybe it's better to have false hope than none at all. 

10 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m convinced JG is a cockroach.  Just when you think he’s dead, he comes back alive.  It’s frustrating.

But we did see the real cowboys defense today.  Getting Irving and Collins back was huge.  

Id say that same about SL. It seems like everynow and then he pulls out all the right plays at all the right times. 

20 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I love you Slam! This was great! I’ve been out in the field all week and missed the game. Just got on to catch highlights and see what happened, and saw this. Made my night!  

Archived