Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Schobert is elite in pass coverage. In today’s NFL, that’s what you want out of a LB.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-joe-schobert-is-flying-under-the-radar-as-the-nfls-top-coverage-linebacker-through-week-10

He’s improved so much since his rookie year. He looked like a statue in the passing game is first 2 years. 

On 11/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s improved so much since his rookie year. He looked like a statue in the passing game is first 2 years. 

He seemed to give up a lot of receptions but he seemed to always be just a fraction of a step behind. While it could be frustrating, especially on 3rd down, I liked what I saw in coverage assuming he would learn and make up that partial step.

My biggest concern with him has always been his build, he just looks so lean for a LB. So far he has stayed relatively healthy so so far so good. 1/3 of my lat sentence was so. So what? Ooooh, up to 1/2 in that one.

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He seemed to give up a lot of receptions but he seemed to always be just a fraction of a step behind. While it could be frustrating, especially on 3rd down, I liked what I saw in coverage assuming he would learn and make up that partial step.

My biggest concern with him has always been his build, he just looks so lean for a LB. So far he has stayed relatively healthy so so far so good. 1/3 of my lat sentence was so. So what? Ooooh, up to 1/2 in that one.

Its the new nfl where teams dont desin their defense to stop the run, linebackers all over the league are a lot smaller imo, teams routinely have 220 point lbs. Lbs are the size of running backs now. 

2 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

3 SS? Do you mean 2 SS and 1 FS? Just curious if that's what you meant, I'm not throwing shade

No I’m saying with how Lbs are built smaller and being utilized these days you really only need 1 true LB and the other two LBs are basically SS who converted to LB like deon Jones,Deone Buchanan, Mark Barron types who specialize in coverage. That’s why I said 3 SS lol

Edited by bosko1616
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

No I’m saying with how Lbs are built smaller and being utilized these days you really only need 1 true LB and the other two LBs are basically SS who converted to LB like deon Jones,Deone Buchanan, Mark Barron types who specialize in coverage. That’s why I said 3 SS lol

Barron was a garbage SS, but was one hell of a tackle so they made him a LB. They weren’t just being creative in the Rams organization. They were just trying to use the talent they have. Also helps that Barron is a size of a LB that the switch was realistic. He was 6’2 220 coming out I believe. I think since the move he is around 230/235. That is huge size for a SS. I with kindred or Peppers was that big. So they could make that move but why are not. 

Its an ideal to change those SS to LBs but there are a lot of variables that come into that switch. If those SS are not stud tacklers, those OCs will just run at them. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Barron was a garbage SS, but was one hell of a tackle so they made him a LB. They weren’t just being creative in the Rams organization. They were just trying to use the talent they have. Also helps that Barron is a size of a LB that the switch was realistic. He was 6’2 220 coming out I believe. I think since the move he is around 230/235. That is huge size for a SS. I with kindred or Peppers was that big. So they could make that move but why are not. 

Its an ideal to change those SS to LBs but there are a lot of variables that come into that switch. If those SS are not stud tacklers, those OCs will just run at them. 

I understand that what I’m saying is these days LBs are more built like SS then actually LBs. Gone are the days of Patrick Willis, Bowman and Brooks or Urlacher and Briggs. 

They need to have speed and be willing to tackle and be decent in coverage.