Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Only if the new HC wants him. Don’t want an OC pushed on a HC. We just saw what happens when you do that.

great part is, Freddie is under contract so he potentially could stay on as RB coach unless a team is willing to give him a promotion. Allows the browns to look at everyone and know they still have him

Like I said, stay on staff.

i know it was atl and i know we need more talent at wr, but the good thing about having a qb like baker who seems to be developing into a dude who finds the open guy (as long as the plays are called well) he hit 9 different targets and none of them had over 40 yards.  is spendign 2 firsts on OBJ really worth it?  callaway and higgins can definitely improve some more.  improving breshad is imperative, but that can prob be done in the draft.  

id much rather save that 2nd first for an OT, DE, DT, LB, CB in the year after

50 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i know it was atl and i know we need more talent at wr, but the good thing about having a qb like baker who seems to be developing into a dude who finds the open guy (as long as the plays are called well) he hit 9 different targets and none of them had over 40 yards.  is spendign 2 firsts on OBJ really worth it?  callaway and higgins can definitely improve some more.  improving breshad is imperative, but that can prob be done in the draft.  

id much rather save that 2nd first for an OT, DE, DT, LB, CB in the year after

Bang bang. 

It took years for the falcons to compete after they got Julio and Ryan because they never had depth because of the Julio trade. 

I'd rather Baker had 8 targets that were good rather than a core built around 1-2 guys.

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

There is some excellent linebackers in the 2nd round who do you like

i like Schobert and avery

Yeah, I have no idea why losing Collins would cause us to need another linebacker. At this point Collins is the 4th best linebacker on the team. We can find a replacement for him at a fraction of the cost.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah, I have no idea why losing Collins would cause us to need another linebacker. At this point Collins is the 4th best linebacker on the team. We can find a replacement for him at a fraction of the cost.

If you want to say his salary is too high that’s fine but he leads the team in tackles by a wide margin, tied in TFL with Garrett and Ogun as well as having a few sacks, FF, FR, INT etc. people rag on him because of his personality. He seems lackadaisical. He’s a good football player.

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If you want to say his salary is too high that’s fine but he leads the team in tackles by a wide margin, tied in TFL with Garrett and Ogun as well as having a few sacks, FF, FR, INT etc. people rag on him because of his personality. He seems lackadaisical. He’s a good football player.

Yeah we’re in no position to cut him for salary purposes imo.

Archived