Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

This is just my thoughts, but I think a major part of Pittsburgh’s success the past decade has been because of the obvious QB gap in the division. Ben has had to compete against Dalton and Flacco. Two guys who are average at best. Therefore Pittsburgh has ALWAYS had a QB advantage in the division.

Baker is going to be an entirely different animal to play against. His rookie year is better than most of Flacco and Daltons “prime seasons.” If and when Baker becomes better than Ben, it’s a wrap. We are better at almost every other position than them.

Edited by candyman93

ESPN has an article asking several experts about free agency so far and the 3rd question is

Which team -- other than Cleveland -- is most improved after the first wave of free agency?

Just found that humorous that we don't even get to compete. The previous question was the best move which was 90% OBJ so I get it but it struck me funny.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26299325/nfl-experts-predict-answering-questions-2019-free-agency

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

out of the running for Berry now. Maybe making his price go down which is what Dorsey is waiting for. 

Won't be shocked to hear the Browns and Berry's name mentioned in the same sentence very soon.  Could use some more veteran presence in the secondary.  

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Won't be shocked to hear the Browns and Berry's name mentioned in the same sentence very soon.  Could use some more veteran presence in the secondary.  

If he is willing to sign a one year deal I'd give him more than what he'd get elsewhere. If he wants a longer deal I don't think we'll be interested unless it is a great deal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he is willing to sign a one year deal I'd give him more than what he'd get elsewhere. If he wants a longer deal I don't think we'll be interested unless it is a great deal.

Sign me up. Also, how much per each year for one year or multiple years? $10 mil? 3/$36mil? I can't see him costing less than around 8.5 per at least (?).

Edited by NudeTayne

30 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Sign me up. Also, how much per each year for one year or multiple years? $10 mil? 3/$36mil? I can't see him costing less than around 8.5 per at least (?).

I wouldn't do a multiyear deal unless it was like 5 per after year 1. For a 1 year deal I don't know what the going price would be but if it was $10 million then so be it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't do a multiyear deal unless it was like 5 per after year 1. For a 1 year deal I don't know what the going price would be but if it was $10 million then so be it.

Yeah, that sounds best. Unless there's something we don't know, Is sign The Boston yesterday (I'm assuming he'll be a bargain again, maybe 3/$19.5 (really a 2/$13mil). He's better than Peppers up to this point.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:53 AM, candyman93 said:

If Ansah stays out of the AFC North, who’s the best pass rusher we’d face in the division? Watt and Dunlap, but that’s it. Ravens have nobody because they’re morons who let their best pass rushers leave. Cincinnati’s guys are getting old. Pittsburgh has struggled drafting pass rushers.

I actually think Baltimore was smart not to resign those guys. Sure, it might hurt them a bit initially, but those guys weren't worth the money. They have a knack for developing LBs and pass rushers, so I'm sure that defense will be fine.

• Like 1