Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

I actually think Baltimore was smart not to resign those guys. Sure, it might hurt them a bit initially, but those guys weren't worth the money. They have a knack for developing LBs and pass rushers, so I'm sure that defense will be fine.

I mean, you’re not wrong, but that’s a lot to lose at once.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Wow. 

Gronk retired. That’s a HUGE blow to New England. Whenever games got tight, Gronk was an automatic 1st down or  TD because he was unguardable in crunch time.

Yeah that’s huge.

I don’t think it’s crazy to say we have to legit be in the mix for the Super bowl if things go our way.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah that’s huge.

I don’t think it’s crazy to say we have to legit be in the mix for the Super bowl if things go our way.

Honestly this is such a game changer that I agree with you. It’s why I’m keeping an eye on Tyreek Hill. 

Gronk was like defending Shaq. He could only stop himself when he got serious.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Honestly this is such a game changer that I agree with you. It’s why I’m keeping an eye on Tyreek Hill. 

Gronk was like defending Shaq. He could only stop himself when he got serious.

AP was suspended an entire year for hitting his kid right? And what Hill is accused of seems much much worse.....

Shaq-Gronk comparison is perfect too right down to the goofy fun loving personalities and injury-proneness.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Or traded. Imagine of he goes to Arizona or the lions. Two of the biggest weapons in the age gone, one of the biggest in the nfc coming to us. 

Normally the idea of trading someone as good as Hill would be ludicrous, but if they don’t feel comfortable giving him 100 million, it’s certainly possible.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Normally the idea of trading someone as good as Hill would be ludicrous, but if they don’t feel comfortable giving him 100 million, it’s certainly possible.

It sounds like the cheifs are shopping him. If you dont trust tyreek hill, dont give him 100 million. 

I mean obj got traded who is a better all round wr. Anything is possible a part from legit franchise winning QBs being traded. 

I might give some people a stroke, but depending on how next season goes, we need to be like the Rams in 2020 and go for broke. Trade draft picks idgaf. You have NO idea how long or when your window is open. Do what we can before we have to pay Baker and Myles.

Edited by candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I might give some people a stroke, but depending on how next season goes, we need to be like the Rams in 2020 and go for broke. Trade draft picks idgaf. You have NO idea how long or when your window is open. Do what we can before we have to pay Baker and Myles.

I'd love for us to base a team around myles, Baker, ward, obj, pay those 4 and recycle around them. 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

AP was suspended an entire year for hitting his kid right? And what Hill is accused of seems much much worse.....

Shaq-Gronk comparison is perfect too right down to the goofy fun loving personalities and injury-proneness.

Except for Gronk is a dumbass who makes 69 jokes like the rest of us degenerates and Shaq is a savvy investor who makes ridiculously smart financial decisions

Just now, mistakey said:

Except for Gronk is a dumbass who makes 69 jokes like the rest of us degenerates and Shaq is a savvy investor who makes ridiculously smart financial decisions

Gronk spent none of his actual salary, only endorsement money.

The dumbass personality is partly a shtick.

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean, look at the Patriots from 2001-now, that’s what our window should look like.

If you have an elite QB you’re in it every year.

• Like 1