Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not so fast my friend, if the price is right they may move him too

Yeah, I think if someone really wanted him they might. The question is whether someone will match the price and take that contract. They won’t just eat that salary and move on from him though. 

42 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not so fast my friend, if the price is right they may move him too

I definitely see it as a possibility. With the upcoming QB draft class looking pretty disgusting, there will be demand for young(ish) promising QB's around the league.

The problem, however, is that this would leave the Raiders in need of a QB. They'd probably have to sign a bridge QB a-la Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Because no one wants to tank for a QB this year, it'll be full steam ahead for 2020 and Tua, or 2021 and Trevor Laurence.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I definitely see it as a possibility. With the upcoming QB draft class looking pretty disgusting, there will be demand for young(ish) promising QB's around the league.

The problem, however, is that this would leave the Raiders in need of a QB. They'd probably have to sign a bridge QB a-la Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Because no one wants to tank for a QB this year, it'll be full steam ahead for 2020 and Tua, or 2021 and Trevor Laurence.

On that it will be interesting to see what SF does if Mullens continues to play well.  I don't expect him to play like he did yesterday, but if he does well either him or Jimmy G would be on the block you'd think. 

1 minute ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

On that it will be interesting to see what SF does if Mullens continues to play well.  I don't expect him to play like he did yesterday, but if he does well either him or Jimmy G would be on the block you'd think. 

Excellent point. They could possibly net a day 2 pick if he plays even half that well for the remainder of the season.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Little premature to say they will tank for Laurence. 

This would be a great draft class to tank to rebuild a defense.

heck with all the picks, they could potentially have enough ammo to trade up for Tua and not ruin futute draft classes. Hell, he could go tank for two years and end up getting #1 pick the year after that. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Little premature to say they will tank for Laurence. 

This would be a great draft class to tank to rebuild a defense.

heck with all the picks, they could potentially have enough ammo to trade up for Tua and not ruin futute draft classes. Hell, he could go tank for two years and end up getting #1 pick the year after that. 

I'm just thinking from the Sashi Brown perspective. They could end up with the #1 pick two years in a row. They're the oldest team in football, a massive blowup is looming.

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Excellent point. They could possibly net a day 2 pick if he plays even half that well for the remainder of the season.

What starting caliber QBs do you think will be available?

I'm thinking maybe:

Carr

Winston

Tuh-rod

Mullen (might be too soon to put him in this group)(if he plays lights out it might be Jimmy G.)

Would the Cowboys look to move-on from Dak if he doesn't produce the second half of this year?

The market could be flooded with average/starting caliber QBs.

57 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I'm thinking maybe:

Carr

Winston

Tuh-rod

Mullen (might be too soon to put him in this group)(if he plays lights out it might be Jimmy G.)

Would the Cowboys look to move-on from Dak if he doesn't produce the second half of this year?

Bridgewater, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick

I think Dallas will ride it out with Dak for one more year before they decide to tank for Tua.

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I'm thinking maybe:

Carr

Winston

Tuh-rod

After that contract JimmyG got, he isn’t going anywhere. Winston’s off the field issues mixed in with his inconsistent on the field might not make him the most desirable. 

Archived