Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

32 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I will stick with Ogbah at this point

Me too. I'm cool with adding depth but not as a starter. I know a lot of people want another speed rusher on the left side of the line but it is going to cause more issues than it resolves problems. Ogbah has looked slow or maybe not 100% healthy this year but he takes on a lot of double teams and he is elite at batting down passes and keeping his eyes on the play.

• Like 1

Ogbah may not have the sack numbers we wish he did, but I don't see many players better than him at deflecting the pass at the LOS. He has 6 already this season, and he missed two games. 

Football stats have always been a bit odd to me. Why are sacks looked at as so much more valuable than a TFL? PD in the secondary viewed more valuable than a PD at the LOS. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, pnies20 said:

We should definitely take a look

Wholeheartedly concur. I mean he's 31 but if he's willing to take a meh deal for short term, it wouldn't cost any picks so I hope Dorsey considers it. Though, while we've brought several guys in for visits, we haven't signed any big names. I'm starting to think he's just saving every drop of resource he has for this offseason.

Watch out fellas, it could get wild.