Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

Bradley Chubb and Myles Garrett are tied at 8 sacks on the season...

Ogbah is JAG...

I like Ward...

Would've been amazing to have Chubb and Garrett out there trying to out-do each other for the sack leader race in the NFL.

More impressively, Chubb has done so while feeling like a fish out of water as a 34 OLB according to his own words.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

Bradley Chubb and Myles Garrett are tied at 8 sacks on the season...

Ogbah is JAG...

Like Ward...

Would've been amazing to have Chubb and Garrett out there trying to out-do each other for the sack leader race in the NFL.

More impressively, Chubb has done so while feeling like a fish out of water as a 34 OLB according to his own words.

Oh please. Put down the tea, Kermit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I stand corrected.... Chubb has 1 less sack than the best player on our team.

Ogbah is JAG King...

Chubb has a perennial DPOY candidate lined up on the opposite side. Myles has a JAG king, in your words. Advantage Chubb. 

Myles gets schemed against. Chubb had a game where he got 3 sacks, 2 he wasn’t even blocked if I’m not mistaken. The opponents are much more worried about Miller than Chubb. 

Chubb is good but I don’t think he would impact our defense like ward has. Our secondary would have looked like it did today all year. Obviously Ward was the right pick for this team. 

Edited by OttoGrahamsGhost
  • Like 3

It’s hard to say, because he’s so incredible at times. But Garrett can be a serious liability also. In obvious passing downs, 9 times out of 10 Garrett goes to the ultra-wide speed rush and ends up running 5 yards behind the QB. The result is a completely clean pocket to step into on the left. Yes, he’s good for 1-2 sacks in a game, and he’s still one of our best players. But that tendency is creating a real hole and liability up front at times. With a guy like Maholmes, he can easily step up into a clean pocket with either a clean path to scramble or an easy line of sight. The speed rush is a weapon that every skilled pass rusher will and should use. But the moves need to be mixed up, and the sack number won’t always tell the story of how a game is influenced.