Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Ogbah is just an underachiever. I bet we see him pick it up during his contract year lol

i like Ferrell just about as much as I liked Chubb. If we pick top 5 there’s probably a better prospect available.

I don’t even see him a single an underachiever, just a middling pass rusher.

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Ogbah is just an underachiever. I bet we see him pick it up during his contract year lol

i like Ferrell just about as much as I liked Chubb. If we pick top 5 there’s probably a better prospect available.

It's very plausible to believe the Browns could have their pick of Ferrell, Burns, Quinnen Williams, and then some. Ultimately, it'll depend where they're picking obviously, but there's gonna be some top tier defensive talent.

I think Bosa, Oliver and Greedy could all go top 5. Question is, would the Giants pull the trigger on a Justin Herbert and would Zona take Jonah Williams? Both teams have such dire needs for those guys. And that would benefit us, IMO.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t even see him a single an underachiever, just a middling pass rusher.

He definitely not an edge.

I think we have some perfect pieces for a 34 front with Ogbah as a 5tech and Genard Avery and Myles Garrett are you edge rushers. Ogunjobi would be an excellent 34 NT in a 1 gap defense as well. He is perfect for the new NFL. I don't know if he would have thrived In a Casey Hampton/Jamaal Williams role of the late 90s early 2000s, but no one runs as much in the NFL anymore.

I know fans will freak out and don't want to here 34 here in Cleveland but the truth of the matter is it doesn't matter whether we are 34 or 43 front. Most teams are so ridiculously multiple that it doesn't even matter anymore.

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It’s hard to say, because he’s so incredible at times. But Garrett can be a serious liability also. In obvious passing downs, 9 times out of 10 Garrett goes to the ultra-wide speed rush and ends up running 5 yards behind the QB. The result is a completely clean pocket to step into on the left. Yes, he’s good for 1-2 sacks in a game, and he’s still one of our best players. But that tendency is creating a real hole and liability up front at times. With a guy like Maholmes, he can easily step up into a clean pocket with either a clean path to scramble or an easy line of sight. The speed rush is a weapon that every skilled pass rusher will and should use. But the moves need to be mixed up, and the sack number won’t always tell the story of how a game is influenced. 

Keep in mind that Garrett essentially has about a year of experience under his belt. He definitely has some flaws in his game, but there's no reason to think he won't get better. Dude has all of the physical talent in the world and seems like a smart guy as well. Even if he didn't improve at all from this point, he's still one of the best pass rushers and DEs in the game. The main thing that annoys me about Garrett is his propensity to jump offsides. I swear it feels like he does it every game.

48 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

It's very plausible to believe the Browns could have their pick of Ferrell, Burns, Quinnen Williams, and then some. Ultimately, it'll depend where they're picking obviously, but there's gonna be some top tier defensive talent.

I think Bosa, Oliver and Greedy could all go top 5. Question is, would the Giants pull the trigger on a Justin Herbert and would Zona take Jonah Williams? Both teams have such dire needs for those guys. And that would benefit us, IMO.

One of those premier defensive players will most likely fall it happens every year. You have to think at least one QB will go too 5. 

Bosa Williams or Oliver would be ideal. Just based on talent. 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm gonna shoot my shot early, but I think we wind up taking Jonah Williams at #5. I think Herbert and the DTs come off the board with the first few picks. Call it a reach or whatever, but it's what I see happening. 

giphy.gif

That is devastating. I think you need the TD shades avatar back, I'm hopeful that it will bring back the Reginald I know and love. 

13 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

14 hours ago, pnies20 said:

We are so stupid for trading gordon

Yep. But whatever man. It's done. He was not trustworthy, plain and simple.

I'm willing to give this front office an offseason to replace him. There's a ton of talent that'll be available

Also believe he is actually motivated. In cleveland with all this crap, he still be his old self. Like we saw in week2 and it prolly be worse with Hue and Haley getting canned

36 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm gonna shoot my shot early, but I think we wind up taking Jonah Williams at #5. I think Herbert and the DTs come off the board with the first few picks. Call it a reach or whatever, but it's what I see happening. 

No, no, no, avoid tackles from Bama or the SEC. bamas scheme makes their tackles look better than they are. They haven’t produced a top tier tackle in forever. Their linemen usually are great in college but suck in the NFL. 

32 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Good teams don’t reach for need. if we’re top 5-8 Jonah would not be one of the best players available. If we drop down a bit say 10-12 range he’d be more of a reasonable pick. I still think it’s btwn Greedy Williams or Ferrell. I think this year would be a perfect year to trade down if we get a good package. Like an additional 2-4 this year and some picks next year something like that. Still pick in the 10-12 range. Use our late round picks to trade pack into the end of the first 

12. DeAndre Baker CB

28. David Edwards RT 

2. Marquis Brown WR

3. Khalil Hodge LB

49 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I’d be happy. However, certain posters will have pitchforks ready.

Archived