Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah we’re in no position to cut him for salary purposes imo.

It depends what we do with the money, if we used to resign players and get a cheap fa or two I'd be all for it. 

I'd happily use a good chunk of our cap now to resign players, I'd give shcobert Collins money now to make him cheap in the future.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It depends what we do with the money, if we used to resign players and get a cheap fa or two I'd be all for it. 

I'd happily use a good chunk of our cap now to resign players, I'd give shcobert Collins money now to make him cheap in the future.

Tbh we have the cap space to sign players, resign players AND keep Collins.

The WR comment is on point. There is a reason that all the greats have seemingly nobodies at WR that become very productive. Great QB play and scheme makes other players look good. I do believe we need a true #1 because as much as i like Juice, he's not a true #1. I may be in the minority but i think OBJ's personality would be something that scares me away. 

3 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

The WR comment is on point. There is a reason that all the greats have seemingly nobodies at WR that become very productive. Great QB play and scheme makes other players look good. I do believe we need a true #1 because as much as i like Juice, he's not a true #1. I may be in the minority but i think OBJ's personality would be something that scares me away. 

His personality is absolutely something to be considered.

we definitely need another WR, though. Probably need another TE.

I think by the end of the process Harry goes top 10

hes the one player id draft over a Dlineman in the first round of this draft 

he seems like have great character super competitive and a number 1 guy with spectacular hands

as the combine comes up I think he’s going to rise in the interviews 

14 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

This is one of those years I’m all for trading down into the teens. Grab a DL/CB or Kneal Harry possibly Noah Fant in the 2nd and let Baker ball

Agreed (I mean, I always advocate for a trade down, but this year too).

We have a decent about of top end talent, what we really lack imo is depth and high quality reserves at positions that require rotating/using multiple players regularly.

I think we need players who can add significant contributions at WR, CB, and DE. One of each, at a minimum.

I think a developmental tackle/OL, DT and LBer who can provide depth is necessary at some point as well.

I’d like to see Dorsey use a day pick on another RB too as he seems to have an eye for that position.

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think by the end of the process Harry goes top 10

hes the one player id draft over a Dlineman in the first round of this draft 

he seems like have great character super competitive and a number 1 guy with spectacular hands

as the combine comes up I think he’s going to rise in the interviews 

If he runs a 4.5 or faster then he's going top-10. The only (and it's a big) question is his speed.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed (I mean, I always advocate for a trade down, but this year too).

We have a decent about of top end talent, what we really lack imo is depth and high quality reserves at positions that require rotating/using multiple players regularly.

I think we need players who can add significant contributions at WR, CB, and DE. One of each, at a minimum.

I think a developmental tackle/OL, DT and LBer who can provide depth is necessary at some point as well.

I’d like to see Dorsey use a day pick on another RB too as he seems to have an eye for that position.

Agree with it all. If we could get a Combo of Jarrett and Clark In FA I’m all for trading down getting an additional pick and walking away with 

Kneal Harry,Marquis Brown,Noah Fant, and Mike Weber lmao I can dream. 

Jesus that offense. 

Archived