Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

Top Level Talent 

Baker,Zeitler,Bitonio,Garrett,Ward,Schobert,Kirksey,Chubb,Njuko,Ogunjobi,Landry,Duke,Randal( I’m higher on him then Most ) 

thats top level talent. All have the ability  and talent. Plus showed flashes off elite level talent. Theyre not consistent enough to be considered the top at their respected position yet but all very well could be soon. 

Edited by bosko1616

MNF game should be lesson for yall who want DC as HC.

If you want DC as HC you get Goff in Y1, you get OC as HC, you get Goff in Y2 and 3. Before you say "Well Goff has looked better because of more experience." No, he would continue to look like garbage if you had Jeff Fisher, John Fox or any of these DC as HC. Don't be fools and do the obvious

47 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

MNF game should be lesson for yall who want DC as HC.

If you want DC as HC you get Goff in Y1, you get OC as HC, you get Goff in Y2 and 3. Before you say "Well Goff has looked better because of more experience." No, he would continue to look like garbage if you had Jeff Fisher, John Fox or any of these DC as HC. Don't be fools and do the obvious

The issue was having Boras as the OC. The dude wasn’t all that great. You can hire a Defensive minded coach, he just had to hire a great OC and QB coach. You just have to prepare for that OC to be hired away in a couple of years if they have any success and hope the QB coach can replace them. 

Thats what scares me. If the browns have any success the OC coach will be gone in a year or two. I just want an offensive head coach so he can be the brains of the offense. So if an OC gets hired away, the offense isn’t starting completetly over 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The issue was having Boras as the OC. The dude wasn’t all that great. You can hire a Defensive minded coach, he just had to hire a great OC and QB coach. You just have to prepare for that OC to be hired away in a couple of years if they have any success and hope the QB coach can replace them. 

Thats what scares me. If the browns have any success the OC coach will be gone in a year or two. I just want an offensive head coach so he can be the brains of the offense. So if an OC gets hired away, the offense isn’t starting completetly over 

Bingo, Rodney Harrrison said it on SNF. There is no reason to hire Defensive coach in today league, that's coming from one of greatest defensive players coached by Belichick. Thats shows you even great defensive players know it's more wise to hire an OC as HC

1 minute ago, Activated10 said:

Bingo, Rodney Harrrison said it on SNF. There is no reason to hire Defensive coach in today league, that's coming from one of greatest defensive players coached by Belichick. Thats shows you even great defensive players know it's more wise to hire an OC as HC

It’s it’s between a great offensive coach and a great defensive coach, offense wins out. If it’s between a great defensive coach and an average offensive coach. I’ll take the defensive guy. I think with the browns, it’s good timing to want an offensive coach IMO

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s it’s between a great offensive coach and a great defensive coach, offense wins out. If it’s between a great defensive coach and an average offensive coach. I’ll take the defensive guy. I think with the browns, it’s good timing to want an offensive coach IMO

Of course you pick great over average but Dorsey won't look for average. He's going to look for the best damn coach who brings creative offense. Dorsey been around Reid decent time and sees KC offense succeed with his draft choice Mahomes. Dorsey knows what he wants in a HC

We get the AFC East and NFC West next year. So we will face some cupcake teams in 2019. We will most likely get to face the Raiders next year too.

Bills, Jets, Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders, and Dolphins. That’s 6 VERY winnable games. Win 1-2 vs the division and we are looking at .500 record next year.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We get the AFC East and NFC West next year. So we will face some cupcake teams in 2019. We will most likely get to face the Raiders next year too.

Bills, Jets, Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders, and Dolphins. That’s 6 VERY winnable games. Win 1-2 vs the division and we are looking at .500 record next year.

If that is our opposition we should ai. For 14-2.

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Don't fall into that trap.

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Dorsey has never gotten to pick his HC. I have no doubts he’s had a short list in mind for sometime. I really don’t think Gregggg is realistically in the running if Dorsey really does have autonomy. 

Agree on both here. But...picking the next Sean McVay is a complete crapshoot and not realistic. Kitchens as OC and Williams as DC aren't the best but it's likely they're better than a lot of others. Unless the next scheme coaches are really good the risk reward of changing them out simply to put a guy you prefer in there is probably not going to pan out. That's the cycle of stupidity here that lead us to sticking with Hue and swinging for Sashi & Depodesta.

Edited by BrownLeader

10 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Harrison was a great player but he's a **** for brains analyst.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

dont fall into that trap. The Browns always seem to luck into a very hard schedule. They were an 0-16 team and have a top5 SOS this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Agree on both here. But...picking the next Sean McVay is a complete crapshoot and not realistic. Kitchens as OC and Williams as DC aren't the best but it's likely they're better than a lot of others. Unless the next scheme coaches are really good the risk reward of changing them out simply to put a guy you prefer in there is probably not going to pan out. That's the cycle of stupidity here that lead us to sticking with Hue and swinging for Sashi & Depodesta.

I'm not sure Gregg will accept it, but the best move for y'all might be keeping Williams and Kitchens on as coordinators and bringing in John Harbaugh as the CEO. Problem is that Williams is very prideful and will likely walk if he's passed over for the HC job. Also, Harbaugh may not want to work with them. But that might be a good arrangement. That all said, do not hire Williams as HC. Just look at his time in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure Gregg will accept it, but the best move for y'all might be keeping Williams and Kitchens on as coordinators and bringing in John Harbaugh as the CEO. Problem is that Williams is very prideful and will likely walk if he's passed over for the HC job. Also, Harbaugh may not want to work with them. But that might be a good arrangement. That all said, do not hire Williams as HC. Just look at his time in Buffalo.

Why Harbaugh?