Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Probably. Btw guess who has more sacks than Garrett?

?

Yeah.  He has also one more game under his belt, had a 3 sack game last week, and has one of the most fearsome pass rushers (with 7.5 sacks) in the NFL opposite of him.   I'm not sure Ogbah has a sack and our second best sack numbers come from the inside with 3.5. I think if you put Garrett opposite of Miller, Garrett would have around one million sacks by this time.  Also, if we didn't have Ward our starting corners would be Carrie and BBC. That would be great.

I’m not sure anyone is comparing Chubb to Garrett. I think what he’s doing just shows the production he and Garrett would be having together. Ogbah consistently grades as one of the least effective pass rushing starting DEs in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure anyone is comparing Chubb to Ogbah. I think what he’s doing just shows the production he and Garrett would be having together. Ogbah consistently grades as one of the least effective pass rushing starting DEs in the NFL. 

It read like the comparison was more Chubb to Garrett.

Just now, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

It read like the comparison was more Chubb to Garrett.

Yeah, could be. No reason to compare those two to me though, since we never had to make a choice between Garrett/Chubb. I’d have loved to see the Chubb/Garrett duo, but I’m hopeful we find that other DE opposite Myles. Chubb is getting good matchups with Miller on the other side. Garrett and Chubb would have benefited from each other. Ward has been great though, and I can’t imagine how bad the CBS would be without him. As bad or worse than last year. 

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Definitely not. I was more or less calling out those that were calling Chubb garbage based on really early stats. 

Chubb isn't garbage, he's just not an elite pass rusher. Nevermind playing with Von Miller, that's not even taking into consideration the above average DE's and DT's they have. It was an elite defense before Chubb, and it still is, big surprise. More than half of Chubbs sacks came basically untouched.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Definitely not. I was more or less calling out those that were calling Chubb garbage based on really early stats. 

Yeah Chubb isn't garbage, he seems to produce.  But as @MWil23 stated, I would take Ward 10 times out of 10 hindsight being 20/20.  Most Bronco fan's would probably say the same thing about Chubb. 

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Chubb isn't garbage, he's just not an elite pass rusher. Nevermind playing with Von Miller, that's not even taking into consideration the above average DE's and DT's they have. It was an elite defense before Chubb, and it still is, big surprise. More than half of Chubbs sacks came basically untouched.

He’s not elite, very few are but he is really really good. He doesn’t have an eyesore weakness. He to me would have been perfect on the other side of Garrett. Like I said predraft an immediate upgrade over Ogbah. 

I do however think we made the right choice. 

27 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Yeah Chubb isn't garbage, he seems to produce.  But as @MWil23 stated, I would take Ward 10 times out of 10 hindsight being 20/20.  Most Bronco fan's would probably say the same thing about Chubb. 

Yeah like I stated in my above post, I think we made the right choice. Ward is danged good right now playing a position usually pretty tough on rookies. Imagine when he learns how defend individual players. 

2 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

It’s crazy how people have to pick one as being better right now like they can’t both be great picks.

Who should we have taken?  Either.  Either would have been a good pick, at least from what we’ve seen so far.

Archived