Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@Mind Character @BleedTheClock where would ya'll rank Chubb in THIS NFL Draft Class. 

Personally, there are many more names that entice me. Bosa, Burns, Ferrell, Sweat, Polite and maybe a few more I think would all deserve consideration above Chubb.

Chubb is second only to Nick Bosa; however, Burns may be better than him within a year or so.

Ferrell is a poor man's Chubb. Plays with less power, less relentlessness, and is more stiff hipped than Chubb.

Montez Sweat is all over the place and is a 3rd round pick imo. Polite has the ability to be really really good but he's a 2nd round type of player.

The only elite pass rushers out of that group are Bosa and Burns.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Chubb is second only to Nick Bosa; however, Burns may be better than him within a year or so.

Ferrell is a poor man's Chubb. Plays with less power, less relentlessness, and is more stiff hipped than Chubb.

Montez Sweat is all over the place and is a 3rd round pick imo. Polite has the ability to be really really good but he's a 2nd round type of player.

The only elite pass rushers out of that group are Bosa and Burns.

Is it possible both the Browns and Broncos both got the player that fits them best? The Browns needed a true #1 CB and they got him. The Broncos needed somebody to stop teams from triple teaming Von Miller every week and they got him. Boom, it works for everybody.

I dont see the point in trying to discredit another player to try to make sense for another team taking another. Ward was a 'need' pick and he has delivered. We dont have to go back in time to try to rethink what would have happened with another player.

Chubb has 6.5 sacks and is on pace to break the rookie record and while plays opposite of Miller, he would have been getting the same benefit in CLE playing opposite Garrett and with Larry. So its a little stupid to try to pin the fact that hes playing really well on a situation which would have been very similar if he was drafted here.

The Browns got a great player and the Broncos got a great player that fits both needs--it all works out. Problem is the Browns still have a massive hole at DE opposite of Garrett for pass rushing. Ogbah aint it. 

10 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@Mind Character @BleedTheClock where would ya'll rank Chubb in THIS NFL Draft Class. 

Personally, there are many more names that entice me. Bosa, Burns, Ferrell, Sweat, Polite and maybe a few more I think would all deserve consideration above Chubb.

Probably just behind Bosa. I need to watch more of these edge guys, but as of right now, I don't think any of these edge rushers are better than Chubb other than Nick.    I didn't hate Chubb...I hated him in the top 5. He was like 10-12 on my big board.

23 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Definitely not. I was more or less calling out those that were calling Chubb garbage based on really early stats. 

Who called him garbage.

i was pretty vocal about not really wanting him at 4 in most scenarios but I don't think he's a bad player by any stretch of the imagination. We'd be pretty lost right now without Ward. There's no question Ward was the right choice. He's pretty much irreplaceable on our roster right now. 

36 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Probably just behind Bosa. I need to watch more of these edge guys, but as of right now, I don't think any of these edge rushers are better than Chubb other than Nick.    I didn't hate Chubb...I hated him in the top 5. He was like 10-12 on my big board.

If Bosa was in last year's draft it would've probably lessened the Chubb issue. Chubb was all there was for DE at the top so he was a bit overhyped and talked about. 

There would've been 1 Chubb comment per 30 Bosa comments in this forum.

14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Jets releasing Pryor. 

Hes about out of chances showing teams he’s not worth having. 

He's played fantastic the last few games...

He tore his groin... that's why they are releasing him... not for any other reason

We'd be lucky to pick him up... but we don't have top priority on the waiver wire and there are teams with WR need ahead of us that will pick him up off waivers injured and let him heal.

It's reported that he's 2 to 3 weeks out from being healed...

If he fell to us on the waiver wire, I'd take him in a heartbeat

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is it possible both the Browns and Broncos both got the player that fits them best? The Browns needed a true #1 CB and they got him. The Broncos needed somebody to stop teams from triple teaming Von Miller every week and they got him. Boom, it works for everybody.

I dont see the point in trying to discredit another player to try to make sense for another team taking another. Ward was a 'need' pick and he has delivered. We dont have to go back in time to try to rethink what would have happened with another player.

Chubb has 6.5 sacks and is on pace to break the rookie record and while plays opposite of Miller, he would have been getting the same benefit in CLE playing opposite Garrett and with Larry. So its a little stupid to try to pin the fact that hes playing really well on a situation which would have been very similar if he was drafted here.

The Browns got a great player and the Broncos got a great player that fits both needs--it all works out. Problem is the Browns still have a massive hole at DE opposite of Garrett for pass rushing. Ogbah aint it. 

Discrediting another player?

I don't think you read my post.

I was simply responding to a question asked of me about where I see Bradley Chubb's skill falling in terms of rank with this year's 43DE.

I had him a close second to Nick Bosa, and complimented his skill only pointing out that Collin Ferrell is a poor man's and less talented version of Chubb.

That is all.

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

False they don’t want to release him and want to bring him back when healthy. They can’t afford the roster spot at the moment 

He is being cut and will go to waivers, we have a good shot at getting him if we want, he would be a good boundary receiver here with his height. 

Archived