Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The need to nuke that roster and start over imo.

Miami might rival the stretch of football over the next 3 years that match our previous 3 years. I have no faith in that coaching staff. That team is hurting for a QB. 

Miami’s front 7 is built for the 4/3 and now they will be fully committed to the 3/4. God I would love to see Dorsey raid that team of their front 7 players. Would love to see Baker  Alonso or McMillian here as LBs. Quinn and Spence as Defensive linemen. I really don’t see Quinn being a 3/4 DE or an OLB. 

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it is.

Does he have a bad reputation re: his personality or something?

Lions fans say he's no good. Sounds like he started off well there but got worse as time went on.

Then again, most fans hate their team's OC, so who knows.

As for the Dolphins, they do need to blow it up. I think it's a testament to Gase that he was able to win as much as he did with that roster and with such mediocre at best QB play.

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Lions fans say he's no good. Sounds like he started off well there but got worse as time went on.

Then again, most fans hate their team's OC, so who knows.

Agreed.  You’d think he’d find a spot somewhere, even as a position coach or something though...

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

As for the Dolphins, they do need to blow it up. I think it's a testament to Gase that he was able to win as much as he did with that roster and with such mediocre at best QB play.

Yep, Gase did good work, but he’s a weird dude.  Or at least he looks weird with his crazy eyes during interviews.

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

When we win the superbowl, hopefully against the pac in rodgers last yeara, I have chosen my gif to troll, it will be will ferrel teabagging the drum kit from step brothers.

Although that's awesome....it's no fun when you ruin the surprise.  Might need to start looking for another gif

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The garbage pro bowl had 8.9 million views. Despite all of its controversy, the NFL is the ratings king. It’s insane.

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2019/01/2019-pro-bowl-on-espn-and-abc-delivers-eight-million-viewers/

I haven't seen the pro bowl in several years so I have no idea what has gone on the last several pro bowls, but I follow the Browns an a lot of their players on Instagram so I got a lot of video clips and to me it seems they are finally doing to pro bowl like they should. It was fun. It wasn't a competition which it shouldn't be because guys competing get hurt. I saw Ezekiel Elliott taking snaps at QB, Offensive guys playing Defense, Myles Garrett wants rep at TE next year. No one was trying to tackle aggressively which is a good thing. It is bad business for these guys to risk any sort of injury. It is bad business for the player themselves, it is bad business for their teams and it is bad business for the NFL. From what I clips I saw I have no problem with the direction the Pro Bowl is going and I think it should keep going that direction. The only thing I want changed is I want it to be back to after the Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I haven't seen the pro bowl in several years so I have no idea what has gone on the last several pro bowls, but I follow the Browns an a lot of their players on Instagram so I got a lot of video clips and to me it seems they are finally doing to pro bowl like they should. It was fun. It wasn't a competition which it shouldn't be because guys competing get hurt. I saw Ezekiel Elliott taking snaps at QB, Offensive guys playing Defense, Myles Garrett wants rep at TE next year. No one was trying to tackle aggressively which is a good thing. It is bad business for these guys to risk any sort of injury. It is bad business for the player themselves, it is bad business for their teams and it is bad business for the NFL. From what I clips I saw I have no problem with the direction the Pro Bowl is going and I think it should keep going that direction. The only thing I want changed is I want it to be back to after the Super Bowl.

I disagree about it being after the super bowl. I view the super bowl as the grand finale of the NFL season.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The NFL is more about quickness than speed. I think the days of deep routes are coming to an end.

Totally disagree, deep routes will always be an inbuilt part of passing games. It literally takes 2-3 seconds for top athletes to be 20+ down field. 

Attack every blade of grass.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The NFL is more about quickness than speed. I think the days of deep routes are coming to an end.

Not even that. It’s the threat of the deep pass that does a lot of damage. The minute you stop respecting the threat of a deep pass is exactly when a team kills you with one. 

Speed has and will always...KILL

Tomorrow is a major contrast in styles. Rams have to keep the Pats from getting easy points at the end of the 1st half. I’m expecting the first quarter to be ugly because it usually is in a super bowl. I predict:

1st quarter: 0-0

2nd quarter: 17-10 Rams

3rd quarter: 20-17 Rams

4th quarter: 30-27 Rams on a game winning field goal

Archived