Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

4 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

And I recall something with Joe Thomas making a remark about Flip not being a good HC candidate. Im trying to find it but cant

He and Hawkins mentioned it on their pod.

Hawkins was especially skeptical iirc, which was interesting as I thought he did good work here.

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

With the salary cap increase the player qe may have a shot at is Fowler. But he isnt amazing, and seems like a bit of a head case. 

I'll pass only because I'm assuming he'll get paid far more than he's worth.

37 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You just described Ogbah. Doesn't get sacks but disrupts in other ways. Clowney is an upgrade, but I don't think he's a 20M AAV upgrade. 

Ogbah only makes plays when Carrie gets called for defensive holding or Garrett jumps offsides or when a mouse crawls into the ref's flag pocket.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ogbah only makes plays when Carrie gets called for defensive holding or Garrett jumps offsides or when a mouse crawls into the ref's flag pocket.

What's with the Ogbah hate?

Myles likes him.

That's good enough for me. 

Woof!

16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Myles likes him.

Woof!

I like him, it just seems like half of his sacks and tackles for losses are nullified by penalty, not his fault. I wouldn't even worry about getting a starting DE this offseason just a situational DE pass rusher. I'd get a LB to replace Collins and a depth CB. Try to get a stud tackle, a good WR and then most everything else is a bonus. Might need a back up QB too.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Myles likes him.

Woof!

I’m down for an upgrade. Most great dlines go beyond two quality DEs to begin with. You can argue at times whether Ogbah even falls into that category. I’d like him better as a 3rd DE/fill in starter with injury than the guy opposite of Garrett. Everyone would be better off with another guy added to the mix. Equal or more impactful would be a solid DT next to Larry O.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A guy like Carl Nassib sure would be nice right now....

This is me pointing out that I though cutting him was stupid.

The over/under of 1 TFL for Chad Thomas still looks like a huge oversell of ability. 

I guess the 1 tackle part is also. 

11 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You just described Ogbah. Doesn't get sacks but disrupts in other ways. Clowney is an upgrade, but I don't think he's a 20M AAV upgrade. 

Ogbah career high in TFLs is 8. 

Clowney doesn’t get the chance to finish of QBs but he makes a living making plays behind the LOS. Ogbah doesn’t. Guy doesn’t really disrupt anything. Dude is a JAG, clowney isn’t 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I like him, it just seems like half of his sacks and tackles for losses are nullified by penalty, not his fault. I wouldn't even worry about getting a starting DE this offseason just a situational DE pass rusher. I'd get a LB to replace Collins and a depth CB. Try to get a stud tackle, a good WR and then most everything else is a bonus. Might need a back up QB too.

Why get a situational pass rusher? Ogbah has been just as garbage against the run compared to him getting after the QB. He deserves to be replaced. 

Archived