1. 1. yes

• offense sucks
    • Todd Haley sucks
    • don't kill Baker before we get our next coordinator
    • get duke the ball
    • give Chubb the rock
    • Todd Haley is good
    • more TE screens please

These goal zone or goal-line shovel passes... I think we've run 4 of them are insanely idiotic and telegraphed and worry me that they are a sign of Haley's unimaginative stubborn play calling... On what planet does the think these things are going to keep working?.. why does he keep calling them??

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well I guess I’ll have to say it directly, but generally avoid UFA.  You’re guaranteed to pay top of the market prices, usually for mediocre talents.

I’m not honestly saying we shouldn’t have signed anyone, but to insist that players are still great signings even after they’ve shown they can’t play and aren’t any better than the holes they supposedly filled is hella dumb.

In free agency there are hits and whiffs, and most of our free agents have been whiffs.  Why is that so hard to admit?  

I’m not saying Dorsey is doing a bad job or anything, but having some level of objectivity doesn’t hurt.

I will argue that some of these guys (Smith, Hubbard, Carrie, etc) aren’t any better than the guys they replaced though, despite spending 25 million bucks on them this year. Just because you have the money to spend doesn’t mean you have to, it rolls over, so unless you are significantly upgrading, I’d rather maintain continuity and let the youngsters grow and develop.

Yeah I mean that makes sense, and I'm not arguing with you because i disagree with you, because I think we should generally build through the draft, the hard thing is it can be an avenue to build the team, but you have to be aware that over-paying often happens.

That to be honest is why I don't mind the singings they made.  Contracts that cost money this year, but they were all low risk, we can get out from under them if we decide we don't like the players, but they could turn into good contracts for the players we decide to keep.

They had already seen Coleman, Taylor, Crowell, etc run in our system, we clearly weren't going to keep them, and we had intentions of making upgrades such as Chubb and Ward but you don't know that all your picks are going to work out either.

I don't think anyone coming into this season, though Terrence Mitchell was going to look the best of the CB's we had and brought in including Carrie, Gaines, and Calhoun, but you don't know until you bring them in and see how they work in the system with your guys.  I expect Mitchell to play out his contract, possibly get a new one with us.

We also have the money until our core guys come up for free agency, I like how Dorsey used that money on a few players to see if we could get any to stick.  I expect we will cut bait on a lot of them and still end up with more than enough cap space to sign our players before they hit free agency.  Also we kinda do have to spend it to hit the cap floor but I honestly don't know what that is or how far we are/were from it.

I absolutely agree that they whiffed on some players, but I've said this before and will say it again many more times because its very important...just because it didn't work doesn't mean it was a bad idea...

On 17/10/2018 at 7:26 AM, Mind Character said:

These goal zone or goal-line shovel passes... I think we've run 4 of them are insanely idiotic and telegraphed and worry me that they are a sign of Haley's unimaginative stubborn play calling... On what planet does the think these things are going to keep working?.. why does he keep calling them??

Todd hayley is as todd hayley. 

Turns out if you give an ACCURATE jump ball to njoku he catches it.

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Seth devalve makes the team. 

Seth devalve gets one target makes an ok catch and run for 26 yards. 

Recievers are struggling  and injured.

Seth doesn't get another look. 

Todd hayley.

well, to play devil's advocate for a moment because I don't know where to look this up and it probably wrong, how many snaps did Seth devalve actually play? That is what I think is the most clearly connected to Todd Haley. If devalve played a ton of snaps but only got a couple targets, that might be more on Baker choosing not to go to him or him not getting open very often. Now if he barely played any snaps, I put that all in Hailey. And I am talk to texting so we'll have some misspellings. I'm too tired to mess with it right now.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:26 PM, Mind Character said:

I absolutely love the shovel pass and hate that it’s so underused, but I agree.

Similar to a draw, a shovel pass is great when you can spread people out and defenses are starting to pin their ears back on the DL. 

Im not sure what the expectations are when the defense is so compressed?

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I absolutely love the shovel pass and hate that it’s so underused, but I agree.

Similar to a draw, a shovel pass is great when you can spread people out and defenses are starting to pin their ears back on the DL. 

Im not sure what the expectations are when the defense is so compressed?

The expectations are a loss of yards. At least those are mine

Archived