Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

I still think the fact remains he will be our QB. Only thing left to decide will be the price of his contract. 

And it is totally fair to mention McNair when talking about Marcus. They have so much in common when you talk about this franchise. 

From when fans booed him. When they wanted Neil O'Donnell to be the starter over him, amidst the Super Bowl year. From the questions about his ability to stay healthy. Or simply his ability to play QB. 

If McNair was playing now. This forum would want him burned at the stake and it's not even a question in my mind about that. 

• Like 1

I didn't realize Mariota has 5 passing touchdowns this season :S that's just an average game for Mahomes

Really though, he's playing well and I think it's a no-brainer to resign him. I think that says more about the lack of talent around him and we absolutely need to bring in help next year. 

6 hours ago, AteBoxx said:

I didn't realize Mariota has 5 passing touchdowns this season :S that's just an average game for Mahomes

Really though, he's playing well and I think it's a no-brainer to resign him. I think that says more about the lack of talent around him and we absolutely need to bring in help next year. 

Cruikshank is still tied for the team lead in TD receptions. The offense is pretty rough, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I love this thread more and more every day.

I started this thread so I should be the one to end it . Mariota is our guy , I feel like Randy quaid in Major league 2.. Any thing I ever said is trash, Mariota is a killer and after seeing what he did today he’s the guy I want on this team. He is the guy for this team .

The 3 straight losses broke my heart and I took it out on Marcus . Im ashamed 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 9:52 AM, KingTitan said:

I still think the fact remains he will be our QB. Only thing left to decide will be the price of his contract. 

And it is totally fair to mention McNair when talking about Marcus. They have so much in common when you talk about this franchise. 

From when fans booed him. When they wanted Neil O'Donnell to be the starter over him, amidst the Super Bowl year. From the questions about his ability to stay healthy. Or simply his ability to play QB. 

If McNair was playing now. This forum would want him burned at the stake and it's not even a question in my mind about that. 

There were questions about McNair's commitment to the team too(and fairly, he was considering quitting football after the sternum injury/the boos/etc).

Truth be told, there's certainly an argument that O'Donnell should have remained the starter in 99. He outplayed McNair, and by a decent margin at that. YPA was better, TD% was better, INT% was similar, completion % was better, his 4-1 record included wins over Baltimore and Jacksonville, etc.

Nostalgia I think clouds a lot of people's memories when it comes to McNair. There were times he flat out sucked. People make fun of Fisher for running Eddie in to the ground, and while that's fair to some extent, there were times we didn't really have a choice just because of how poorly McNair played. We had to play a lot of games just having Eddie and the defense put us on their backs and carry us to victory.

To Fisher's credit he got McNair through the down times, stuck with him as the starter and we ultimately benefited from it long term. It's only a shame that McNair's prime stretch hit after George started to go down hill. A prime 96-00 George with 01-03 McNair? That would have been fun.

All that being said in comparing McNair taking time to get going to Mariota, it's much easier to play QB in the NFL now than it was when McNair was playing. That also being said, I think Marcus now is a much better QB than McNair was to start his career.

34 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I started this thread so I should be the one to end it . Mariota is our guy , I feel like Randy quaid in Major league 2.. Any thing I ever said is trash, Mariota is a killer and after seeing what he did today he’s the guy I want on this team. He is the guy for this team .

The 3 straight losses broke my heart and I took it out on Marcus . Im ashamed 

Love ya bro ❤️

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, listen.....i would love it if mariota’s the answer, and he’s definitely been playin like it lately....but it’s been 2 games. let’s see how the rest of the season goes. i’ve been burned too many times.

I honestly can't see how it's still a question on if he will be the QB. Barring a crazy injury or Peterman like meltdown, he is going to be the QB for this franchise. 

The only question remaining is how much will he get. 

The season may prove for him to be simply average or he can keep up the play. 

My line remains. He may not be a franchise QB. But he is the QB for this franchise. 

He is the answer. The question. The solution. The problem lol. 

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I honestly can't see how it's still a question on if he will be the QB. Barring a crazy injury or Peterman like meltdown, he is going to be the QB for this franchise. 

The only question remaining is how much will he get. 

The season may prove for him to be simply average or he can keep up the play. 

My line remains. He may not be a franchise QB. But he is the QB for this franchise. 

He is the answer. The question. The solution. The problem lol. 

The beating of the pats and laying an egg agajnst the colts next week is a Titan thing to do so he’s just preparing himself .. I do the same thing 

Edited by FutureIsWhite

3 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

The beating of the pats and laying an egg agajnst the colts next week is a Titan thing to do so he’s just preparing himself .. I do the same thing 

Even so. Won't change Robinson's mind. He will be encouraged by the past and present development of Marcus. 

Just a matter of finding numbers they both like for a contract. 

I think now it's just a matter of fans convincing themselves it's ok and/or seeing Marcus do it like his second year again. Us needing to see more is not the same as what the front office believes I feel. 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Even so. Won't change Robinson's mind. He will be encouraged by the past and present development of Marcus. 

Just a matter of finding numbers they both like for a contract. 

I think now it's just a matter of fans convincing themselves it's ok and/or seeing Marcus do it like his second year again. Us needing to see more is not the same as what the front office believes I feel. 

Generally so. 

Edited by ShupacTakur

Marcus is really hard to judge as you have to consider that he rarely stays healthy and unlike some QB’s he can not play through a injury because his mobility is such a key to his game and this year he really was effected a lot by the hand arm injury.       Right now I am semi comfortable with the weapons around him in terms of WR - Davis is a good main target and Taylor Sharpe are capable 3’s. Depth seems good as well.  And our TE play has gotten better. Still not 100 at RB but if Lewis holds up then that also is serviceable    

These last two games show potential closer to his true ability and I attribute the bad start of season to injury which is part of equation  though