Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

29 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Not only do we not know how good or bad we are... Do we even know what we're supposed to be... What's our identity? 

We're no longer exotic smash mouth... But what are we? 

We haven't really been a passing team... Do we even have the receiving options for that? 

But we're not a running team, averaging 3.2 ypc... 

So what are we exactly? 

A team that prefers to play defense over offense obviously.

57 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean the problem with acting like the last two games are gonna be what our entire season is like is the 3 game stretch where, while we didn't score a ton of points outside of the Eagles game, the offense was creative and did well given the circumstances.

It's possible the offense sucks the entire season. It's possible we bounce back and look like we did in weeks 2, 3 and 4 in terms of creativity and play calling. I mean last year we started with a loss, had two really good games in a row vs JAcksonville and Seattle, then got embarrassed by Houston and lost an ugly one to Miami(granted Cassell played in that game but still), so it's not really all that dissimilar to what we did last year. We still managed to rebound and go 7-4 the rest of the season and of course got in to the playoffs.

I tried to say it after week 1, tried to say it each game of our 3 game winning streak, and I'm saying it now after the last two losses, we still don't really know what this season is gonna be. One game or as we've seen even a few games don't dictate your entire season.

To me, how we look in Dallas after the bye will probably be what's the most indicative of this season, especially in regards to the offense(I think the defense has proven it's pretty good all things considered) to me. I dunno what's going to happen in London vs the Chargers. No way of knowing how the team is going to react having to be and play in London. Would be great to get out of that game with a win in any way possible, I don't care how ugly one or all sides of the ball looks. Getting out of London 4-3 and in to the bye would be golden.

That being said I think most of us expect to be 3-4 going in to the bye. The offense will have a bye week to get it together and get to go play a middling Dallas team, New England is after that and then we start our stretch of @Colts, @Texans, Jets, Jags, @NYG, Skins, Colts.

So probably looking at being 4-5 headed in to that stretch if we can take care of Dallas. If the offense can start to click after the bye, we can get 5 or 6 wins out of that stretch.

So as ugly as things are right now, I'm holding out til the bye/Dallas game. If we still look bad on offense then, I'm really gonna start to worry.

It's not the last two games that is the issue. It is all 6 games outside of the 2nd half vs the Eagles. We have 5 TDs in 6 games. Injury issues aside, that's about 40% of the season as a sample size.

What is the 3rd game where the offense looked promising? The Texans game where our only offensive TD came on a drive where Derrick Henry had the most snaps at QB?

I don't think we can blame injuries for the lack of scoring in those games any longer. We're about as healthy as we're going to be all season, and getting healthier hasn't changed anything.

You're certainly more optimistic about the rest of the season than I am. I wasn't even confident we would beat the Bills coming off the Eagles win.

Until we put up 4 offensive showings in a row, I probably wont' have any faith in the team.

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lol i was literally typing this exact post before i saw you got to it first

Year, as I typed that, I knew i would get that response at least once. Lol

But we seriously have lost our identity. 

Not completely unexpected with a rookie HC, a rookie play caller, a relatively new GM, a reserved QB... 

I knew there was going to be a learning curve... I just never envisioned anything as bad as the Ravens game this season... 

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

So is everyone still ready to burn Marcus’ jersey or can we all agree he needs something that resembles a wide receiver before we properly judge him?

My biggest concern is that it’s been 6 weeks and he’s still wearing the glove. Worried this injury could be permanent. I mean he’s been playing alright, but I don’t think I can give a huge deal to someone without full feeling in their fingers. 

Just now, dtait93 said:

Great so he has 1 wide receiver. Exactly what he needs to be successful 

No ones going to argue that he needs a better supporting cast. But what is the point of talking about it over and over? Nothings going to change til the offseason. I'd rather talk about this season and talk about what we've got now and it was nice to see someone step up today. 

Just now, AteBoxx said:

No ones going to argue that he needs a better supporting cast. But what is the point of talking about it over and over? Nothings going to change til the offseason. I'd rather talk about this season and talk about what we've got now and it was nice to see someone step up today. 

It’s a forum. We’re going to talk about it over and over again like every other topic