Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Just for informational purposes. 

Out of his 10 starting seasons. Rodgers has only played a full one 5 times. 

Out of his 14 seasons not counting this one Big Ben has only played a full season 3 times. 

Forum darling Teddy Bridgewater has only played in one complete season out his brief career (4 years). 

In his first 7 years with Niners, Alex Smith only played 2 whole seasons. 

Alex Smith really is the comparison to me. They gave him 7 years before trading him. 

I think they will give Marcus at least that. But unlike the Niners, you better have a sure fire replacement before letting him go. 

Just hoping and wishing in the draft will be the quickest way back to 2 win seasons. 

I’ve heard the Big Ben and Rodgers injury comps But we cant compare our injury prone inconsistent qb to two hall of fame QBs which when they do play they usually light it up. When Marcus plays we don’t know what the he’ll were gonna get.. 

Edited by FutureIsWhite
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Pros/cons of Mariota aside 

watching Goff and Mahomes...the cannons they both have.... obamasweat

Can you believe that Goff was sacked when the pressure came up the middle in his face in that offense, he should have threw it away. :)  Being sarcastic of course. But I can't help but notice the time they have to throw the ball.
But oh man, yeah they are slinging it!  
Mariota doesn't have that arm and that was why I was a "Stick with Mett" guy when he was coming out. lol I didn't love his arm at all. 

On 11/18/2018 at 8:38 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

I will say this, Vrabel and Robinson have no ties to Mariota. Robinson has picked his coach and he may feel the last piece missing is handpicking his own QB. It’s been 4 years now and I’m not so sure Robinson will feel comfortable giving some ridiculous contract to a QB as inconsistent and injury prone as Mariota. I think Mariota gets his final season but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to see a QB drafted higher than most expect. 

This is why I don’t understand why some posters here are so certain that Mariota is the long term guy. I mean, he definitely might be, but if a better opportunity at QB were to present itself, I’m not convinced at all that Vrabel and Robinson wouldn’t pursue it. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by sticking with him “just cause”. He’s not a fan favorite and he’s simply not that good. 

Now all that said, that’s a huge “if”. Even though I don’t think he’s that good I will still readily admit that finding an upgrade will not be easy. Marcus is not a bad QB, and when he’s on his game he has shown he can actually be very good, but are we really expecting him to “McNair” it and not hit his “elite streak” until year 7-9? It’s possible, but are Vrabel and Robinson willing to hitch their careers to that idea? This isn’t a Fisher situation. 

Like I said, if nothing better presents itself, then yeah, I think he’s here for the long haul, but if they see a prospect they fall in love with or manage to find a good deal for a solid QB in FA, well then..... 

Edited by ShupacTakur

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just another piece of information. 

DC's might have figured out this year to beat him and rattle him is to pressure him right up the middle (Kline and Jones). Then you get bad Marcus. 

Kelly or Conklin need to be moved inside and Kline benched. Jones will just have to do until the offseason (or whenever we can replace him).

38 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Kelly or Conklin need to be moved inside and Kline benched. Jones will just have to do until the offseason (or whenever we can replace him).

Beddingfield the only realistic move is Kline. Feels you have nobody else on the team that can play center.  Said he thinks Kelly is really a RT or back up LT. Doesn't have the body type to be an OG for any long period of time. 

But I think the only move you can make is benching Kline. 

I know this is something that has probably less than a 5% chance of happening, but I wouldn't mind at all if we signed Teddy Bridgewater in the offseason. It feels like a win-win type of situation for us. We get a competent backup that can come in and win games if/when Marcus gets hurt, he could also push Marcus in camp, and who knows what could happen after that. I've always been a big fan of Teddy's. Had that unfortunate freak injury in Minny, but looked great in preseason last year for the Jets. I think he could still be a very good starter in the league, and at worst a much better backup situation than Blaine going forward.

13 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I know this is something that has probably less than a 5% chance of happening, but I wouldn't mind at all if we signed Teddy Bridgewater in the offseason. It feels like a win-win type of situation for us. We get a competent backup that can come in and win games if/when Marcus gets hurt, he could also push Marcus in camp, and who knows what could happen after that. I've always been a big fan of Teddy's. Had that unfortunate freak injury in Minny, but looked great in preseason last year for the Jets. I think he could still be a very good starter in the league, and at worst a much better backup situation than Blaine going forward.

I'll be fine with him being a backup. I've not been a fan of him. His arm is about as strong as Marcus and I am not confident in his long term health either.

So yeah if we are moving to forward with Teddy as a backup I'm great. I feel we'd have  someone that we at least wouldn'tt lose anything from if the starter went down. 

But I don't see Teddy as a franchise QB either. He needs a strong team around him also at this point too. Could be the QB for this franchise. But I think we'd be in the same boat if we looking at him as a replacement. 

Marcus is only 25. I don't know why I thought he was older. Teddy is 26.