Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

LOL... I was about to say... You know it's serious when we start using wingdings for a font! 

Lol Idk if it's all phones or what, but when I use my phone's browser I can't erase anything on the text that was quoted.

On my PC I can.

We've all said our piece about it sideways and ways in between. 

Like local radio said. It's another year without an answer about him. They don't think you can conclude one way or another because of the many variables. 

Coaching instability, talent around him, his play and injuries. 

I agree we still know fully what we have. Others feel like the book is written with him. I disagree. 

And I think that is why the other QB comparisons are made. Because some feel he still has another level he can reach. While others feel like we've seen all he has to offer. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Like local radio said. It's another year without an answer about him. They don't think you can conclude one way or another because of the many variables. 

I agree we still know fully what we have. Others feel like the book is written with him. I disagree. 

And I think that is why the other QB comparisons are made. Because some feel he still has another level he can reach. While others feel like we've seen all he has to offer. 

I dunno if he has another level he can offer in the future, but I know what we've seen in the past. 

He's got a year to do better.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I feel like the best thing to do here with Marcus right now is to really take it year by year with him until we can really say one way or another what we have. If he makes a huge step forward next year, stays healthy, and plays really well I'd probably consider an extension, but I might prefer the route of a Franchise tag in 2020 to see if he can keep up that level of play consistently. If he has another injury riddled season in 2019 filled with inconsistent play then we just move on and look to find our next guy after that. I just don't want to make any rash decisions on him contract wise that could really set our Franchise back. I think the best play here is to take a breath, and go slow and steady in our decision making, so that we don't ultimately get burned with whatever decision we decide to make.

• Like 1

I personally don’t see how you can say we’ve seen the ceiling he has games that show so much skill in All faucets that it makes you salavate to think of a whole season.   The injury situation is also frustrating.   It’s not like its a recurring injury like hurting his back all the time or pulled hamstring the injuries are all obscure and mostly unrelated though a real hazard for the way he plays out side the pocket

I really think unless he has another serious. Career ending type injury next season he gets franchised the year following 

6 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Well when we're consistently trailing in the 4th and needing to throw to try and score, you do tend to throw deep more often...

If anything that should hurt his accuracy numbers, makes it more predictable. 

Honestly considering the drops we've had on deep balls this year, it's pretty crazy he's tops in the league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Well when we're consistently trailing in the 4th and needing to throw to try and score, you do tend to throw deep more often...

That's not really relevant to this stat... This is not a bulk stat, rather, an efficiency stat.

But to be honest, and going against your point, having to throw deep late in the game against a defense set up to not give anything deep is more difficult than under normal circumstances... And why you see so many dump offs. So "consistently trailing" wouldn't boost his stats here? (For the record Mariota's 66.7 completion % in the 4th is the lowest of any quarter for him on the season...).

Edited by ragevsuall17

Mariota is an accurate passer so not surprising. Especially off the play-action which a lot of those probably were.

The problem is that we were one of the lowest teams in passing plays 20+ yards down the field so he wasn't making a lot of those throws. Would like to see him attempt more to CD downfield. Give him a chance at some contested catches.

Still better than VY who you just knew it was an INT every time he let it rip downfield.

11 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

That's not really relevant to this stat... This is not a bulk stat, rather, an efficiency stat.

But to be honest, and going against your point, having to throw deep late in the game against a defense set up to not give anything deep is more difficult than under normal circumstances... And why you see so many dump offs. So "consistently trailing" wouldn't boost his stats here? (For the record Mariota's 66.7 completion % in the 4th is the lowest of any quarter for him on the season...).

Yeah, I totally misread that lol

16 hours ago, imDelusional said:

If anything that should hurt his accuracy numbers, makes it more predictable. 

Honestly considering the drops we've had on deep balls this year, it's pretty crazy he's tops in the league.

It's accuracy %, so drops don't impact it. It's just the % of deep throws that were on target, whether or not the WR catches it is irrelevant.