FutureIsWhite

Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

57 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just another point.....

Name me the WR/TE/Offensive weapon that we've had and that person didn't produce. 

When there was a healthy Delaine, he had 94, 65 and 74 receptions. Pro Bowl TE. 
Last year Delaine's 74 Receptions the year before was more than all the TE's combined.  

Point being, when he has good players, he has helped those players produce.  
Robinson got some good players around him this off-season. 
We won't start a game with Batson and Nick Williams.  

I am very optimistic that we will see Marcus' best season. 

I'm cautiously optimistic.  Adding AJ Brown and Adam Humphries definitely puts the WR corps leagues ahead of where they were last year, and having a healthy Walker actually gives us a good looking group of playmakers overall.  Saffold and Davis should make for an improved OL.  Should.

Defense worries me a bit, but only because of injuries and age.  Landry and Evans looked great in limited time, but both had injury issues, and Casey had a late injury as well, and then there's Vacarro's history.  I'm fairly certain we'll see improvement from Malcolm Butler, but I don't know how much.

Of course, the thing that worries me the most is the SOS.  Of course, it will change by the time we're two weeks into the season, but it looks tough right now.  It'll make it hard to earn a wild card.

We need Wilkerson or Suh the DL has 0 inside pass rush aside from Cassey, if some happens to him we’re done 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

We need Wilkerson or Suh the DL has 0 inside pass rush aside from Cassey, if some happens to him we’re done 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I'm thinking they're comfortable where they are, considering the price tag that would come with any of the remaining contributors on the open market.  Dickerson, Urban, or Bledsoe might provide something, and Simmons will be a big contributor once he's healthy in the back half of the season.  Defensive line depth will be a big need next season though.

The whole situation with Marcus and is it time is so frustrating to me.  When Marcus is 100% healthy and YES that is a big when and he has capable weapons Marcus has performed at a top ten plus level.  

But of course he plays a ton of games hurt and when hurt Marcus is more of a bottom ten QB at best.   Thus it all comes down to can he produce at his normal level with out getting hurt a big question.   Last year he got hurt in what I considered a illegal hit by the D who targeted him but hey it was one of those run options so he’s putting himself at risk     What I want to see is how the mesh Marcus -  Derick - and all the WR weapons we have work out.

So far Marcus has not been consistent passing regularly from the pocket but that might change with more polished receivers including Walker. I still think the key will be can we get 12-13 games of 100% Marcus especially at the end of the year

Edited by quiller