Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

In a Kuharsky post on Twitter so far fans have posted 3 clear screen shots of Mariota with a clear pocket and an open WR and instead took a sack. All three of them the WR is easily open and it's not even a tight window. I'd be curious how many of the 11 that this was the case.

How much longer do we want to blame the weapons? 

The majority of yesterdays issues were on him, not the OL or the WRs. We've just been giving him too much benefit of the doubt that if he doesn't throw the ball there was no one open. Guys were open. He's not getting them the ball.

The running game is a real issue that we can blame on someone else. It is atrocious as well.

It’s safe to say a lot of the fan base is still standing by Mariota which i tip my cap to them for . I wish I could , I just hit my tipping point with him. Eventually they all will too , and the select few who have his picture over there  bed will sink or swim with there QB. 

I hope someone saves this and throws it back on my face if he eventually turns it around , nothing would make me happier. 

I just hope the organization realizes it before they give him a contract north of 150 mill. 

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Right now I'm not even looking to call him a franchise Qb. Can we win with him is my question. Bortles isn't a franchise QB and is proving you can't even with him. Maybe you can if you put good players around him. 

I think we can win with Marcus. Think we could win it all with him. With the right players. 

I think there are few players that could have won yesterday. I think other QBs wouldn't have been as gun shy as Marcus was. Maybe forced the ball and gave the WRs a shot.  Maybe causing INTs or completions. 

A lot of maybe there. But I think Marcus is here to stay. 

That depends on the next year and a half. If he doesn't show significant improvement, Robinson is not going to drop a long term expensive deal on him, nor should he. 

I actually think Rage makes a good point. I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but it may take a change of scenery for Mariota to ever see his full potential. I've largely bit my tongue regarding that particular issue, but it's actually been in the back of my mind ever since we removed Mularkey's interim tag.  

Edited by ShupacTakur

Just saw another one where the Ravens end up rushing 6, 2 on delayed blitz. I counted to 4 before Mariota was hit, but in this one I actually didn't see anyone open. Only 3 routes ran downfield. Gonna have to see adjust something pre-snap to get out of that one because he didn't have a check down.

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

There are way too many positive aspects of Marcus's game that make me feel he'd be a very good player in this league. I agree with @ragevsuall17 that he'd likely thrive with a franchise that knows how to win.

the Mularkey hire never ever should have happened

I disliked the Mularkey hire... was not a fan of it.  But the Robiskie hire was the one that put me over the edge.  Even when they got rid of Mularkey, I woulda been ok if they had kept him, had he agreed to bring in a different OC.  That hire... Robiskie... is the one that I believe is directly responsible for what's happened to Mariota. 

Mularkey as a HC ended up not being horrible... the biggest drawback was his unwillingness to change OC's... too loyal to his guy... and there's far worse things to be than that.  Still needed to be gone though. 

I had/have such high hopes for LaFleur.  I'm sure he feels confident in his approach... but I hope he's not too proud to admit that he needs some more talent right now.  Gordon went for a 5th rounder... rumor was floated of Tate in exchange for Sharpe and a 4th.  Cooper should be abount the same... Parker should be cheaper.  There's options... let's do this. 

I don't want to give up on Mariota.

Maybe they do or have... and that's why they haven't made the move to upgrade WR... hmmmm...

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

In 5 of Mariota's last 6 regular season games he has under 135 yards passing. 

Holy hell that is depressing.

8 of last 11 regular season games under 190 yards passing.

I'm going to cry. How the hell did I avoid seeing this for so long?

My God. I'm on the other side of the Vince Young wins argument!  ?????

I always said we won in spite of Young while others said he helped us win. History man. I tell ya 

• Like 1

This is full systemic failure!!! Lack of receiving weapons(teams have zero respect for anyone going out in a pass pattern), bad play calling...constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long situations, running game is severly lacking this year,  and Marcus is not playing well either. 

We are currently living in the perfect "S" Storm. My number one complaint is playcalling, we are always in 2nd/3rd and long because we run nearly every first down. Historically there are 1 or 2 percent of QB's that can live in 3rd and 7+ drive in and drive out....MM is not a top 1% or 2% QB all time!!

Marcus has some obvoius flaws, the bone head throw which is him probably predetermining where to go, his ability to throw pinpoint passes has deminished over the passed 4 years, and his pocket awareness has always lacked...way too ofter the pocket just collapses on him and he can't escape like say R Wilson. 

The bottom line is that there is no QB available that is better than him, and there likely won't be. But I am all for using a 2nd or 3rd rounder and trying to find a guy to learn for a year and if MM doesn't progress...move on!!! 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

21 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I disliked the Mularkey hire... was not a fan of it.  But the Robiskie hire was the one that put me over the edge.  Even when they got rid of Mularkey, I woulda been ok if they had kept him, had he agreed to bring in a different OC.  That hire... Robiskie... is the one that I believe is directly responsible for what's happened to Mariota. 

Mularkey as a HC ended up not being horrible... the biggest drawback was his unwillingness to change OC's... too loyal to his guy... and there's far worse things to be than that.  Still needed to be gone though. 

I had/have such high hopes for LaFleur.  I'm sure he feels confident in his approach... but I hope he's not too proud to admit that he needs some more talent right now.  Gordon went for a 5th rounder... rumor was floated of Tate in exchange for Sharpe and a 4th.  Cooper should be abount the same... Parker should be cheaper.  There's options... let's do this. 

I don't want to give up on Mariota.

Maybe they do or have... and that's why they haven't made the move to upgrade WR... hmmmm...

I’m all for bringing Tate in. We really need a veteran wideout. Would also knock Taywan down to WR3 where he belongs.