Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

27 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Woodside played so well against Philadelphia that I think we need to start discussing if Tannehill’s back up spot is in jeopardy!

I’ve seen this same thing posted on different sites and each time it got laughable responses . There’s a difference between woodside and Tanny, JRob traded a 4th round pick for RT. He obviously thought this team needed a 2nd QB so much that he traded compensation instead of picking up a free agent QB or drafting one . He wanted someone that can compete for the job , and someone that can fill in for Mariota when he gets hurt . However the next question is , what happens if RT continues to outplay MM by a wide margin ? 

49 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Woodside played so well against Philadelphia that I think we need to start discussing if Tannehill’s back up spot is in jeopardy!

I think we could actually trade Woodside for an #1 pick and then draft whichever QB is the hottest coming into the draft. Why stop there? Woodside and Raymond for two #1's and an 3rd. We'd have three 1st round picks.

JoJo Tillery, I think he is prime to take Byard's spot after his INT last week. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I’ve seen this same thing posted on different sites and each time it got laughable responses . There’s a difference between woodside and Tanny, JRob traded a 4th round pick for RT. He obviously thought this team needed a 2nd QB so much that he traded compensation instead of picking up a free agent QB or drafting one . He wanted someone that can compete for the job , and someone that can fill in for Mariota when he gets hurt . However the next question is , what happens if RT continues to outplay MM by a wide margin ? 

You mean how he went 6/11 with 2 interceptions in 11 on 11’s yesterday?

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think we could actually trade Woodside for an #1 pick and then draft whichever QB is the hottest coming into the draft. Why stop there? Woodside and Raymond for two #1's and an 3rd. We'd have three 1st round picks.

JoJo Tillery, I think he is prime to take Byard's spot after his INT last week. 

Huge mistake paying Byard that money with how his backup has outplayed him so far smh what his jrob doing

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

No...of course we don't judge someone by meaningless practice reps against tough competition that coaches covet so much!

We go by the snaps he gets going against guys that will probably be on the street in a few weeks or at best playing special teams.

27 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Are you really bringing up practice stats lol? Why don’t we just wait till preseason game number 2 to continue this convo because at least we’re playing an opposing team instead of our top 5 D. You know the excuses are running out when you start bringing up practice stats lol. Man haha

1 minute ago, FutureIsWhite said:

Are you really bringing up practice stats lol? Why don’t we just wait till preseason game number 2 to continue this convo because at least we’re playing an opposing team instead of our top 5 D. You know the excuses are running out when you start bringing up practice stats lol. Man haha

Those stats are from our joint practice against New England yesterday. Like do you even pay attantion?

Also, preseason games are glorified practices. You are familiar with the term, “dress rehearsal” right? Those games literally mean nothing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

A sidenote note and somewhat off topic, but I saw Jimmy G threw 5 INTs at practice yesterday for the 49ers.

I could only imagine the conversations all around if Mariota has/had a practice like that.

Time to put Mullins in as starter!

Miami is literally paying for Tannehill to be on our roster so they could replace him with the winner of their competition between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh freaking Rosen...meanwhile we picked up Mariota’s 20 million dollar option and your meaning to tell me Tannehill should get the start right out of the gate based on some dress rehearsal stats? Lmao stop

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FutureIsWhite said:

I don’t need a stat sheet or a preseason game to tell me this team is getting held back by Mariota . Any non Mariota homer that isn’t biased to the guy will say it like it is and im one of those fans . You see , if I didn’t put stats in there you would be the one putting in your own stats that try and justify Mariota being worth keeping . As far as cherry picking stats , are you kidding me ? How am I doing so ?

im not posting worthless statistics like the Homers post all year saying how great Mariota is. I’m posting stats on his touchdowns , interceptions and yards . Those 3 stats are pretty critical when judging a QB , kind of like how a baseball players home runs , batting average and RBIs are critical for a baseball players worth. If you want to use the “well all he does is win” take then I could post guys that have had more winning seasons or more playoff wins then Mariota but I’m sure you’d have some sort of rebuttal for that. Real quick though, you know bortles has more playoff wins then Mariota? Do you know Dalton has more wining seasons and playoff appearances? Here’s a good one, do you know Tebow has a playoff win , same as Marcus . Or how about Lamar Jackson , a rookie who can’t pass has the same amount of playoff appearances. I can continue naming bad QBs who have been more successful then Mariota but you get the point . 

Lastly if You don’t judge a QB on stats , and you obviously don’t judge them on there  play , then what do you judge a QB on? It can’t be 3 9-7 seasons because who gets happy about being mediocre , so Enlighten me . How do you judge a QB? 

"Saying it like it is" includes comments like "These next two preseason games are important for Mariota"? I think you mean "saying it like it is to irrational fans on the internetz".

Stats matter to an extent, but actually watching the person play is more important. Understanding variables such as injuries and supporting cast is also important. If you think judging any players performance specifically on TDs, INTs, and YDs is the only thing that matters, you're showing your own football intelligence. It absolutely does matter and Mariota absolutely has to improve, I never said his last two years stats were good enough, but you're completely disregarding the other variables that went into those stats simply because it helps make the point you want to make. If you want to believe that nerve damage in a QBs throwing hand doesn't impede his performance, then by all means be that narrow-minded so that you can support the feelings you developed over at reddit.

The fact that you think I'm a Mariota homer shows how little you frequented this forum last season. I am far from supporting him as a good QB or as our future QB. I just also understand how difficult it is to even find a starter, something which you seem incapable of grasping despite the fact that I laid out 10 years of 1st round drafted QBs for you, of which there are  4 or 5 that even the biggest Mariota hater would take over him, all of them being top 1-2 picks.

You are cherry picking random examples of QBs that have better stats. You are taking random small sample sizes that are nowhere near the norm just because they support your argument. That is the definition of cherry picking. I don't understand why listing TEN YEARS of consecutive data points isn't more valuable to you than finding random QBs such as Mullens, who on their own are a very small sample size.

Your theory is we can’t find someone who can make us better right now  and I’ve given you not 1 , not 2 , not 3, but 4 different examples of how teams got a QB over the last year that gave them better production then Mariota gave us .

I've told you that your thought process is short sighted about 15 times now. Do I need to define this for you? I don't care if a team got better over a one year sample size with a new QB. How many times have I laid out for you that that success is often over-hyped and short-lived? I gave you 10 freaking years of data to prove this.

You gave me 4 one-year examples of the possibilities. I gave you 21 3+ year samples of the possibilities. Which do you think is a better data set to evaluate what it is going to be like to replace Mariota? 4 seasons played of data or 63+ season of data?

Don't come back at me with any more arguments including any QB who hasn't played 3 seasons in the NFL. Any data set of that size is inconclusive and can't be relied on for any type of decision-making. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FutureIsWhite said:

LOL