Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

It’s obvious nothing I can say , or stats I put out will change the 3 or 4 fans minds who our currently arguing together with me  . I’m arguing with one guy about practice stats lol (even if it’s against the Pats , it’s not a game that will be broadcasted to the nation and just because someone does well in practice or bad , it doesn’t mean it translates to a game . Just look at Taywan Taylor or any other player we’ve had that balls out in camp and is crap in a real game) The last two years and Last Thursday when the cameras were on Marcus he crapped his pants . If you don’t believe me just look up Greg Cosell and see what he has to say about Mariota. This guy gets paid to evaluate and breakdown film and has been doing it for years , go tell him he’s wrong . He even had PK come out and switch his tune on Mariota days after he backed him . 

I’m also arguing to another guy about wanting to move on from a bottom 13 QB in Mariota (that he’s ok with).   The fact this guy thinks Watson is going to put the Texans in a tough spot when it comes contract time says all you need too about his evaluation. Pretty sure the Titans would pay him 30 million plus a year right now if they had a chance . 

Finally What I’m going to do for you guys is just take a step back and let you guys clap Hands and cheer together while Marcus “continues to thrive in practice “ lol. So , until Saturday I’ll just keep my stats , examples and whatever else I’ve thrown at you to myself and will go from there. If Mariota does well I’ll chime in instead of running away, and maybe if Mariota balls out I’ll admit I was a little too fast to  bench him for RT. However I expect you guys to do the same and join the chat if Mariota gets outplayed mightily again.  So we will have to wait and see what happens and as the weeks go this topic will be getting louder and louder  . If we don’t talk about it , someone else will , one of the sides is bound to be wrong ,and I can tell you  I feel real good about the side I’m on right now .

No I’m not rooting for the Titans to do bad , I’m rooting for this team to make a change that is best for the organization. I’m not the only fan who thinks this way, I’m just one of the few that’s vocal about it and willing to argue my points across. What’s shocking is the people who back Mariota to the extent some of you do should realize the odds aren’t in your  favor at all. Mariota is playing for his career and he knows it . A good year and he’s making 25-30 million a year with a contract up to 5 years if not franchised . However If he does bad he could be cut from this team and is probably a backup somewhere making 8-12 a year.  Not only does he have to play well, the team has to play well, and he has to play at least 16 games to get an extension I’m guessing . That’s alot to ask for from a guy who’s never played a full season , who’s never won more then 9 games, has never passed for 30 tds, has has never thrown for 3500 yards, and has only been available in one week 17 game in 4 years, and even that year he missed time throughout the year. Until Saturday 

Imagine thinking Mariota crapped his pants in 2017 when he clinched a playoff berth against Jacksonville in week 17 and led one of the largest 2nd half comebacks in NFL postseason history against KC in the wildcard round.

Imagine thinking Mariota crapped his pants last year when he couldn’t feel his throwing arm for...the entire year.

Imagine thinking Mariota crapped his pants in a preseason game.

Imagine thinking preseason games matter.

Imagine thinking preseason games are anything more than glorified practices.

Imagine laughing at practice stats, but taking preseason stats seriously.

Imagine thinking Tannehill is so much better than Mariota, while in the meantime another team is paying his salary just so he’s not on their roster.

Imagine being so ignorant about your own team that you didn’t even know Tannehill threw against another team in practice.

Imagine ragging on Mariota’s inability to stay on the field, but clamor for Tannehill to get the start when he’s missed more games than Mariota over the last 3 seasons.

Imagine banging on Mariota for never winning more than 9 games, but praising Tannehill who’s never won more than 8 games.

• Like 2

Bro, people are talking about practice stats making fun of you because you were talking about how important preseason is for Mariota.

Practice stats are just as important as preseason stats in that they both mean nothing.

Mariota is going to start this season unless/until he's injured, so let's just revisit the subject at the end of the season before things get more personal.

No one is happy with Mariota's performance in the previous two seasons and I would say that everyone would acknowledge a repeat of that performance will likely lead to him walking in free agency. There's really no point in speculating any further as it's already gotten out of hand, and I admit I contributed to that.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

The national media narrative that Tanny is going to start week 1 is absolutely absurd. So annoying when clowns like Russini and Allbright spew out unfounded crap just to get clicks.

I guess Tannehill has been taking secret snaps with the number 1's in the darks of the night. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I guess Tannehill has been taking secret snaps with the number 1's in the darks of the night. 

Here’s a fun hypothetical 

Whats more likely to happen 

Tannehill starts the season opener in Cleveland over a healthy Mariota

Tom Brady signs with the Titans next offseason?

Both have been talked about this week just curious to what people think is more likely, I say neither but if you have to pick 1 which is more likely 

11 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Here’s a fun hypothetical 

Whats more likely to happen 

Tannehill starts the season opener in Cleveland over a healthy Mariota

Tom Brady signs with the Titans next offseason?

Both have been talked about this week just curious to what people think is more likely, I say neither but if you have to pick 1 which is more likely 

I mean, like you say, both ridiculously unlikely, but I'd say the first.  Brady just signed an extension with the Pats, didn't he?  And they'll never let him go until he's a shadow of himself for a couple of seasons, in which case I doubt he'd go anywhere else.

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

The national media narrative that Tanny is going to start week 1 is absolutely absurd. So annoying when clowns like Russini and Allbright spew out unfounded crap just to get clicks.

I actually blocked Albright on Twitter. His entire career is basically just pretending to have inside knowledge and making up enough stuff to eventually get something right.

I haven't paid attention to any national media... I didn't realize people were actually talking about Tanny starting over healthy Mariota. Lol.

Edited by TitanSS

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

WHEN Marcus starts against the Browns, they will just say that their sources say Marcus stepped up to the challenge and earned the spot or that Tannehill didn't do enough. 

Failing to admit it was never up for discussion in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Kookie23 said:

I mean, we all know how desperate the media gets for attention before the season starts.  Remember that 3-13 prediction from Adam Rank?  

32 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I actually blocked Albright on Twitter. His entire career is basically just pretending to have inside knowledge and making up enough stuff to eventually get something right.

I haven't paid attention to any national media... I didn't realize people were actually talking about Tanny starting over healthy Mariota. Lol.

I'd bet the Tannehill narrative never gets brought back up if Mariota doesn't immediately play badly.  No one cares about the Titans in national media, and they'll drop it over the next shiny new narrative when any of the rookie or second year QBs has a great game.

43 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Believe it or not, Albright used to post on here. Can’t remember his name though. Dude acted like a know-it-all and he hasn’t changed. Just an arrogant little prick much like Matt Miller.

• Like 1