Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Believe it or not, Albright used to post on here. Can’t remember his name though. Dude acted like a know-it-all and he hasn’t changed. Just an arrogant little prick much like Matt Miller.

Whaaaat lol, how do you know? I believe you, jw how you know. Wish I knew his name lol

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

I mean, like you say, both ridiculously unlikely, but I'd say the first.  Brady just signed an extension with the Pats, didn't he?  And they'll never let him go until he's a shadow of himself for a couple of seasons, in which case I doubt he'd go anywhere else.

Brady’s a free agent after the year, they restructured his deal for this season but Brady got it put in his contract that he can’t be franchised or transitioned tagged next offseason

So is the national media really pushing a QB controversy? I don’t have cable anymore so no more ESPN, and I never check their website, or the NFL’s for that matter. 

Funny if so, but not surprising. All the “stories” get a little extra juice this time of year with it technically being football season with no real football being played. 

Like I mentioned a few days ago, I would come back and admit if Mariota played well. Here it is , today I thought Mariota played a lot better , I thought his footwork looked better , confidence was noticeable , and his arm looked stronger . This is encouraging if he is in fact the starter going into the year , however can he consistently do it ? 

Now , after Mariotas 3rd drive I sat in my seat and was like “damn” maybe I was too quick for judgment . Even though Mariota got into scoring position because  of a 35 yard pass interference call, it was encouraging to see him get in the end zone . Then Tanny came in and MAN did he look awesome . Immediately driving  down the field scoring at ease . 

What I took from this game is I still think Tanny should start. His arm is a rocket, is very accurate in the pocket and already has 30 percent of tds In 4 drives then Mariota did all last year lol. Anyone that watched the game will tell you it was refreshing watching Mariota score that TD , however they will also tell you Tannehill  is playing his *** off and is making it look easy .  ( I went and asked some Pats fans if Mariota did indeed play against the 2nd string and backups . Only 2 or 3 players were starters So no Mariota did not score on the Pats 1string.  

Both Tanny and Mariota did well tonight against reserves and next week will be interesting when both get quality time in a big Sunday night football game . If Tanny outplays Mariota by a wide Margin , Mariota won’t be able to escape the noise . Neither will the coaches . 

Tannehill was brought in to back up Mariota and he will do so until Mariota loses it via injury or horrendous play. 

Preseason will not impact this and the coaches don't give two ****s what the media is trying to make a story because there is nothing else to talk about. 

There's really nothing else to talk about in this regard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

#qbwinz

also lol @ Mariotta

Mariota is kinda weird in this regard. Early in games and against mediocre/bad opponents it's like he plays tight and down to his opponents. When it's late in games, in high pressure situation and against high quality opponents, he becomes a ice cold killer.

He just needs to stay healthy (of course) and play loose and free. If he can do that, I think he'll certainly be rewarded with a nice contract by next season.

• Like 2