Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Sacks are easy to point at a QB or o-line. 

But sometimes it's the WRs fault. 

Did a coach confirm he should have broke his route sooner? Just looking at the play, someone had to have ran the wrong route which probably messed up Mariota, but I wonder how he came to the conclusion of which WR it was.

Mariota will always be talked about as long as he's playing poorly. As Vrabel mentioned, there aren't a lot of fire the QB comments when he plays well. He said it with different meaning and to stand up for his QB, but that's besides the point.

We saw him play this way against Philadelphia in the second half and the first half against Dallas and New England last year. Him putting up a really good half isn't a shocker. Him maintaining any level of good QB play would be the surprise.

He was averaging over 3 seconds before throwing the ball prior to this game and he was down to around 2.5 in the first half against Atlanta. That's the biggest difference between him not taking sacks. We had a similar play-action percentage as well, so that's not what's making him hold on to the ball.

5 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Very rarely is a pick better than a sack. But  even after a game he took no sacks in, it'll continue being a talking point when discussing Mariota.

I'm sure the arguments were flipped just a couple seasons ago when Mariota the 15 picks. 

Or maybe he should avoid both by learning to throw the ball away, or checking down?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

AJ went over to Marcus’ locker after the game, gave him a hug and said something private to him and was still crying when talking to reporters a couple minutes later. The players he is around the most absolutely love the guy.

man...this sucks

I do hope Marcus gets a ring in the future, even though it won't be with us.  On RedZone, it seems like the games I watch have QBs standing tall in the pocket, surveying the field.  Very rarely is there a complete pass-pro breakdown and someone is running for their life... except when they cut to Titans updates.  :(

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man...this sucks

It’s the most painful part of it for sure. There were no tears when VY left. Locker was a good guy, but it was clear he was done. Marcus is loved by the offensive players and such a good dude that watching his trust in his instincts and overall confidence in his game slowly disappear for three years has been super painful. I don’t think he’s a lost cause and I think he can still be a good QB, but I’ve lost any hope that can happen here.

• Like 3