Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

Please read this article. It is very interesting and shows just how important it is  where you are drafted. 

So I got hit a lot. And a lot of that was on me, not recognizing what was going on, getting myself picked off, not getting rid of the ball quickly. And, also, the offensive line was struggling.”

As the pounding added up, Couch became “A little gun-shy. The more you get hit in the league, it speeds the clock up in your head a little bit, you feel like you have to get rid of the ball quicker than you’d actually have to, it makes you want to get out of the pocket even quicker instead of sitting there.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Please read this article. It is very interesting and shows just how important it is  where you are drafted. 

So I got hit a lot. And a lot of that was on me, not recognizing what was going on, getting myself picked off, not getting rid of the ball quickly. And, also, the offensive line was struggling.”

As the pounding added up, Couch became “A little gun-shy. The more you get hit in the league, it speeds the clock up in your head a little bit, you feel like you have to get rid of the ball quicker than you’d actually have to, it makes you want to get out of the pocket even quicker instead of sitting there.”

This has never been more clear than against that two-man rush yesterday. He has absolutely no faith in the line to provide a clean pocket. He’s constantly looking for escape lanes. And when I watch other teams, I can’t even blame him. Other QBs just don’t face the same kind of immediate pressure that Mariota gets seven or eight times a game. Hell, we have an elite defense and Mariota has been harassed far more than the opposing QB in every game other than Cleveland. 

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

BUT HE WAS DRAFTED NUMBER 2 OVERALL THAT MEANS HE HAS TO BE AS GOOD AS JOE MONTANA

NEW QB NAO

BURROW WILL COMPLETE EVERY PASS WITH 2 MAN ROUTES 

DEFINITELY WON'T BE THE SAME EXACT NIGHTMARE ALL OVER

Edited by Kookie23

"The sky is falling we will suck forever. Mariota sucks but he should start because we suck and will always suck and anyone we could replace him with will suck because we suck. Vrabel sucks. Robinson sucks. Amy Adams sucks. Navy blue sucks. Rainbows suck. Mariota is really good but we ruined him." - Tennessee Titans Fanbase

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

"The sky is falling we will suck forever. Mariota sucks but he should start because we suck and will always suck and anyone we could replace him with will suck because we suck. Vrabel sucks. Robinson sucks. Amy Adams sucks. Navy blue sucks. Rainbows suck. Mariota is really good but we ruined him." - Tennessee Titans Fanbase

I’d remove navy blue and rainbows.  Would change is to could have been really good. Get rid of Mariota sucks but he should start because. I think that leaves us with:

“The sky is falling we will suck forever. we suck and will always suck and anyone we could replace him with will suck because we suck. Vrabel sucks. Robinson sucks. Amy Adams sucks. Mariota could have been really good but we ruined him."

Yeah, that looks about right.

24 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Basically same. News depends on whether I watch the rest of the season or not. At least I have the Lakers soon...

The nightmare scenario is RT winds up getting resigned (or some bum vet) and we reach for a QB who needs to develop. 

Vet gets hurt/sucks and new kid gets his confidence destroyed by incompetent offensive systems.

Vrabel is basically Munchak, is what I'm getting at here

Going back and looking at the old forum seeing the reactions and discussion about Marcus is entertaining. 

I was very against drafting him. Wanted the trade with Philly.

I see some of you also were against him.

One guy who still posts here and isn't a fan now said:

Agreed. I'll gladly come back and say I was wrong but I just see us picking another QB in 3-4 years.

I agree with this quote:

Can Oregon trade something to Titans to get Mariota back? I feel like we just gave Dad an iWatch. He's just going to use it to tell time.

11 hours ago, Kookie23 said:

The nightmare scenario is RT winds up getting resigned (or some bum vet) and we reach for a QB who needs to develop. 

Vet gets hurt/sucks and new kid gets his confidence destroyed by incompetent offensive systems.

Vrabel is basically Munchak, is what I'm getting at here

What is your best case scenario?

And who did Munchak destroy? Lol

17 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Nail meet head. And I think a great example is Brady Quinn thinking he'd end up at a premier organization like Baltimore, but found himself in Cleveland

In my personal opinion, I think we're close to being a bottom-of-the-barrel franchise not too different than the Cincy's of the world. I know that sucks to hear, but it's just how I feel about this franchise and organization. We do not sustain success, we do not successfully build balanced teams, we've had a coaching carousel for the past decade and, once we actually get a talented team and a talented QB, we crap it all away. One playoff win in what...16 years? That speaks volumes!

Seriously -- other than the historically dud franchises like Cleveland and Detroit, what makes the Tennessee Titans that much different than the Bengals, Cardinals, Bucs and Dolphins of the world? VY had his issues, Locker had his issues, Mariota had his issues...but we're going on 3 top-10 quarterbacks now that aren't going to be on this team for over 5 years. Add in the fact that our offense is as bad as it is top to bottom...why would a QB be excited about coming to Tennessee?