Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

35 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, I know some talk about millionaires not needing it... But we don't walk in their shoes. They're normal people just like us... A-type personalities and physically gifted, but still human. If anything, the environment closest related may be military (having been neither a pro or college athlete nor military, I'm only assuming... And I very well could be wrong)... Outside the obvious difference that soldiers face with daily life and death situations. I mean it in the brotherhood that's seemingly developed within the team /unit. And just like in the military, you need leadership... And it may be  the toughest circumstances to be a leader in, when most of the people you're leading are also a types and should be self motivated. 

That's why I loved the hiring of Vrabel. I thought he'd be the answer to that vocal leadership void.  A leader of men was the phrase I think was thrown around. We have it in other players... Walker or sure... Woodyard I think... Lewan maybe. But we were missing that one center piece... And if it wasn't going to be Mariota, then maybe Vrabel would be it. It hasn't worked out so far this season though. 

I said this a few weeks ago and it's probably a silly thought, but I wrote that Delanie needed to take Marcus out to dinner or something and just be real with him and straight up tell him to take control of this team. Rishard said it, as well...saying that Mariota is SO respected and a legit good guy that people are prone to handle him with kid gloves. That doesn't mean that Mariota is overly sensitive or anything, just that it's hard to critique someone who's such a genuine guy.

it's certainly interesting to think about, and a guy's personality/attitude is a super big part of how his career will or won't pan out. Again, I don't think this was a huge issue for Mariota, but who knows what a little bit more fire from him could've gotten out of his teammates.

54 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I said this a few weeks ago and it's probably a silly thought, but I wrote that Delanie needed to take Marcus out to dinner or something and just be real with him and straight up tell him to take control of this team. Rishard said it, as well...saying that Mariota is SO respected and a legit good guy that people are prone to handle him with kid gloves. That doesn't mean that Mariota is overly sensitive or anything, just that it's hard to critique someone who's such a genuine guy.

it's certainly interesting to think about, and a guy's personality/attitude is a super big part of how his career will or won't pan out. Again, I don't think this was a huge issue for Mariota, but who knows what a little bit more fire from him could've gotten out of his teammates.

Lololol.

Let's just buy all the cliches while we're here.

4 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

Lololol.

Let's just buy all the cliches while we're here.

the passive aggression in this forum is pathetic

the topic of convo is about Mariota's leadership ability and approach. I'm not saying if his approach was more like a guy like Rivers' would've made a difference, it's just a question that we'll never know the answer to.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

the topic of convo is about Mariota's leadership ability and approach. I'm not saying if his approach was more like a guy like Rivers' would've made a difference, it's just a question that we'll never know the answer to.

It's just a stupid thing to talk about. Think about your daily job, who is there pumping you up to do it? Do you have someone doing that for you? If not, do you use that as an excuse if you mess up at your job or if the company as a whole is failing? It's not some big deal, because Mariota not being the Pete Carroll of of huddles isn't even close to the reason why this team sucks. Mariota is actually far and away not the problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Just embrace the madness and laugh

It's the only sensible thing to do

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

>Rishard Matthews’s comments spark a discussion about Mariota’s leadership style

>Too dumb of a convo for this forum

oh the irony. what the hell has this forum become 

For a second I thought you were Vrabel in disguise,  come to tell us we "have to do better" and "complimentary football".

And let's not forget the old "defense wins championships" line either.

The point is that it's such a cliche, like a sports movie.  If that **** is actually real then those guys are some real lolcows.

13 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

All this coming from some poster who uses the term lolcows. 

Forget the state of the franchise... We may need to start a "State of Titania" thread. 

#lulz

Boomer sighting

The thought of you fist pumping the air as you posted that is cracking me up.  Lol

Edited by Kookie23

49 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

For a second I thought you were Vrabel in disguise,  come to tell us we "have to do better" and "complimentary football".

And let's not forget the old "defense wins championships" line either.

The point is that it's such a cliche, like a sports movie.  If that **** is actually real then those guys are some real lolcows.

People actually do feed off of energy, especially in emotional situations, and football is a very emotional sport. Followers tend to gravitate toward leaders, and leaders wield great influence over any organizational culture. That’s not a cliche, that’s a fact of socialization. And it’s true in any industry. 

Now, is that why “I” think he failed here? No. But could it have been perhaps a small contributing factor? Very possible. In fact, whether or not it’s a coincidence, the general blandness of Mariota’s demeanor is an apt simile for this offense lol 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

People actually do feed off of energy, especially in emotional situations, and football is a very emotional sport. Followers tend to gravitate toward leaders, and leaders wield great influence over any organizational culture. That’s not a cliche, that’s a fact of socialization. And it’s true in any industry. 

Now, is that why “I” think he failed here? No. But could it have been perhaps a small contributing factor? Very possible. In fact, whether or not it’s a coincidence, the general blandness of Mariota’s demeanor is an apt simile for this offense lol 

I still disagree, but I'll give you kudos for actually putting some thought into it instead of REEEEING at me.  Brofist

Edited by Kookie23

6 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

>Rishard Matthews’s comments spark a discussion about Mariota’s leadership style

>Too dumb of a convo for this forum

oh the irony. what the hell has this forum become 

It's not too dumb of a convo, it's too dumb of an idea. An idea that grown *** men need pumped up by their QB to not look totally lost and inept on the football field.

If you want to talk about Mariota being too passive to call out his supporting cast, that I can get with you on, but the Friday Night Lights/Remember the Titans stuff is just dumb. What we need to look for in our next QB is someone who's not afraid to tell people that they suck and they need to do better. That is a far more motivating tactic than the HOORAH nonsense.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It's not too dumb of a convo, it's too dumb of an idea. An idea that grown *** men need pumped up by their QB to not look totally lost and inept on the football field.

If you want to talk about Mariota being too passive to call out his supporting cast, that I can get with you on, but the Friday Night Lights/Remember the Titans stuff is just dumb. What we need to look for in our next QB is someone who's not afraid to tell people that they suck and they need to do better. That is a far more motivating tactic than the HOORAH nonsense.

Look out Corey Davis

9 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It's just a stupid thing to talk about. Think about your daily job, who is there pumping you up to do it? Do you have someone doing that for you? If not, do you use that as an excuse if you mess up at your job or if the company as a whole is failing? It's not some big deal, because Mariota not being the Pete Carroll of of huddles isn't even close to the reason why this team sucks. Mariota is actually far and away not the only problem.

Fixed it for you.