Week 7: VIKINGS (3-2-1) at Jets (3-3)

swede700

Sam Darnold will be the 3rd rookie QB that the Vikings will face in 7 games. How many yards will he pass for?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold will be the 3rd rookie QB that the Vikings will face in 7 games. How many yards will he pass for?

• 0 - 196 yds (Josh Allen's total)
    • 197 yds - 240 yds (Josh Rosen's total)
    • 241 - 299 yds
    • 300+ yds

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif  at NFL_Jets.gif

When: 1:00 PM EST October 21st

Where: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers:  Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman, Shannon Spake (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  http://506sports.com/2018/07-FOX.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: DT Linval Joseph (ankle/knee/shoulder), Doubtful: None, Out: RB Dalvin Cook (hamstring), OT Riley Reiff (foot), DE Everson Griffen (not injury related), SS Andrew Sendejo (groin)

Jets - Questionable: RB Isaiah Crowell (foot), Doubtful: WR Terrelle Pryor (groin), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (foot), CB Trumaine Johnson (quadriceps), Out: WR Quincy Enumwa (ankle), CB Buster Skrine (concussion), S Marcus Maye (thumb)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Image result for Vikings-Jets GIF

When I saw that Jets scored 42 points against Colts, I looked up highlights. It looked like Jets defense forced Colts to have 4-5 turnovers(including a pick6) which helped in Jets starting drives in favorable positions.. Jets had 7 FGs yesterday. Jets defense looks pretty decent so far this season, going to be a good test for us. Expecting a close game

7 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Kirk Cousins can basically just re-use the same pregame speech from yesterday about knowing what it's like to be a rookie QB.

I'd hope to see the defense dominate Darnold, but even Rosen hit on a couple of big plays. The secondary must get better.

Im very interested in seeing what happens at Starting Safety, nickel Safety (big slot) and regular slot with Hughes out.

Harris looked good out there. Kearse and Iloka can also play meaningful snaps.

Im ready to move on from Sendejo as a starter.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This is going to be a nice test. The Jets are a sneaky good team. 

Good is probably an overstatement.  They are a competent team, but they aren't good yet.  They are good defensively (which should be expected from a guy like Bowles), but still are pretty terrible offensively.  They've got a long ways to go to be a real threat to anyone but the dregs of the NFL (like the Colts).  

With that said, it'll still be a real competitive game, but it's a game the Vikings should win, even on the road, because they have the better team and the better offense.  

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

With that said, it'll still be a real competitive game, but it's a game the Vikings should win, even on the road, because they have the better team and the better offense.  

Ah crap, just realized it was a road game. For some reason, thought we were at home again.

I'm glad that the Jets won last week, because they have been very Jekyll and Hyde-esque (as is common with young teams). They are sneaky good and more than capable of pulling off the upset. That said, I am hopeful we can get a solid road win.

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Good is probably an overstatement.  They are a competent team, but they aren't good yet.  They are good defensively (which should be expected from a guy like Bowles), but still are pretty terrible offensively.  They've got a long ways to go to be a real threat to anyone but the dregs of the NFL (like the Colts).  

Agree with this 100%.

We should beat them. We shouldn't lose this one. It won't be a cake walk but I expect a touchdown+ victory.

Archived