Tyreek Hill

Nozizaki

6 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

If you are into track then how can you think a 10.40/21.9/6.70 is world class?  Goodwin never did anything in the sprints, he was a long jumper.

You're rounding numbers up. He competed at the US Championships and did well in the sprints. That is certainly doing something. His "wind aided" 100m 10.24 was barely over the limit. 

Not in the NFL though.

I largely agree with the overall point you were trying to make about people using that term (world class) far too often. I do put Marquise Goodwin on that list, but to each their own.

8 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

You're rounding numbers up. He competed at the US Championships and did well in the sprints. That is certainly doing something. His "wind aided" 100m 10.24 was barely over the limit. 

Not in the NFL though.

I largely agree with the overall point you were trying to make about people using that term (world class) far too often. I do put Marquise Goodwin on that list, but to each their own.

There are no...World Class...sprinters with PR's of 10.40/21.9/6.70, trust me.

A 10.40 won't make a HS list.

On 12/11/2018 at 8:12 PM, ET80 said:

Andre Johnson ran track in college - won the 60 at the Big East Indoor Championship with a 6.83, ran a 10.59 100 to win at the Big East Outdoor Championship, ran anchor for the 2002 Hurricanes 4x100 (with Devin Hester).

Impressive times for a 6' 3" 230lb WR.

A 10.6 100 doesnt seem fast enough for a college track team... This is throwing me off. Our 4x100 (in highschool) had me as the slowest in the low 11's. Both the Griffen brothers (Micheal (titans) and Marcus (Vikings)) were sub 11. And we were 16 years old. 

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

A 10.6 100 doesnt seem fast enough for a college track team... This is throwing me off. Our 4x100 (in highschool) had me as the slowest right around 11. Both the Griffen brothers (Micheal and Marcus) were sub 11. And we were 16 years old. 

Miami wanted the footballers to run track to stay in shape.  A 10.60 can make some college 4x1 teams.

Funny thing is there has never been a "great" sprinter out of Miami.

6 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

Miami wanted the footballers to run track to stay in shape.  A 10.60 can make some college 4x1 teams.

Funny thing is there has never been a "great" sprinter out of Miami.

To clarify, Andre WON the Big East championships in the 100m and WON the GMAC championships in the 200m. He also WON the 60m dash at the Big East indoor championships. This isn't a case of 4th guy on a relay. I think you guys just don't get how much difference 0.4 seconds is in the 100m. If you just look at percentages of the race, that's ~3.5m or about 1.5 stride lengths. That is a lot in a short race.

13 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

To clarify, Andre WON the Big East championships in the 100m and WON the GMAC championships in the 200m. He also WON the 60m dash at the Big East indoor championships. This isn't a case of 4th guy on a relay. I think you guys just don't get how much difference 0.4 seconds is in the 100m. If you just look at percentages of the race, that's ~3.5m or about 1.5 stride lengths. That is a lot in a short race.

Big track fan here, talking late 1800's to present, trust me a 10.60 is slow a the NCAA level, that is a decent HS time.  The Big East never has much in track.

46 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Big track fan here, talking late 1800's to present, trust me a 10.60 is slow a the NCAA level, that is a decent HS time.  The Big East never has much in track.

Agreed that time likely wouldn't even crack the top 3 in the DIII conference (WIAC) I used to run in, and would barely be top 5. Certainly nothing too impressive.

https://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1517.html

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Agreed that time likely wouldn't even crack the top 3 in the DIII conference (WIAC) I used to run in, and would barely be top 5. Certainly nothing too impressive.

https://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1517.html

A good time for a NFL WR would be a 10.3ish,  but unless a guy has ran a sub 10.20 he is not "World Class". and that is on the other ranges, we do see 9.7's at the World Class level.  And a footballer has ran that....Christian Coleman (4.1 40)..but just HS ball.

1 minute ago, ZenoRazon said:

A good time for a NFL WR would be a 10.3ish,  but unless a guy has ran a sub 10.20 he is not "World Class". and that is on the other ranges, we do see 9.7's at the World Class level.  And a footballer has ran that....Christian Coleman (4.1 40)..but just HS ball.

The terminology to me is largely semantics. A good time for an NFL WR could be for example 10.50, doesn't mean it's a good time for a great sprinter, but there really aren't a ton of NFL WR's running below a 10.50. I'd venture to say that at least 80% of the WR's currently in the NFL have never ran below 10.50 in a 100m.

By NFL standards if you are running around 10.30ish you are likely among the fastest players in the league.

45 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

The terminology to me is largely semantics. A good time for an NFL WR could be for example 10.50, doesn't mean it's a good time for a great sprinter, but there really aren't a ton of NFL WR's running below a 10.50. I'd venture to say that at least 80% of the WR's currently in the NFL have never ran below 10.50 in a 100m.

By NFL standards if you are running around 10.30ish you are likely among the fastest players in the league.

Currently, hmmmm?   Goodwin, Hill, Cooks.

But there has been a ton of NFL WR's who have ran far faster than a 10.50 100m.

Olympian *******

Bob Hayes  Cowboys******

Isacc Curtis Bengals

J.D.Hill  Bills

Rocket Ismail, James Jett*****, Cliff Branch, Warren Wells, Jacoby Ford...Raiders

Willie Gault,***** Curtis Conway  Bears

Mike Miller, Phil Epps  Packers

Willie McGee, Anthony Miller  Chargers

Mel Gray  Cards

Sammie Parker, Tyreek Hill, Eddie Kennison  Chiefs

Ken Burroughs, Tony Jones, Herkie Walls, Charlie Frazier Oilers

Pat Johnson, Chris Sanders  Ravens

Len Wills   Vikes

Frank Budd  Eagles*****

Clyde Glosson  Bills

Renaldo Nehemiah  Niners*****

Michael Bates Seahawks*****

Sam Graddy  Broncos******

Johhny Jones  Jets****

Gerald Tinker*****, Michael Haynes  Falcons

Larry Burton ***** Saints

Bob Boyd  Rams

And no doubt I'm forgetting a few.

I think for as good as Tyreek Hill is, you have to give a good amount of credit to his QB.  Most receivers need quality QB play to produce good numbers.  Even Antonio Brown, if you look at the times Big Ben has been out, his production goes down a ton.  The only two receivers that come to mind who were elite deep threats that could produce elite numbers on a consistent basis with subpar or poor QB play are Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. 

12 hours ago, showtime said:

I think for as good as Tyreek Hill is, you have to give a good amount of credit to his QB.  Most receivers need quality QB play to produce good numbers.  Even Antonio Brown, if you look at the times Big Ben has been out, his production goes down a ton.  The only two receivers that come to mind who were elite deep threats that could produce elite numbers on a consistent basis with subpar or poor QB play are Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. 

He hit over a thousand yards last year with Alex Smith

In only his 2nd year being a WR.

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

What does that have to do with what I said?

You said he needs a good qb to put up numbers. I show you what he can do with an average one. I think given more time he would have done better given that it was his 2nd year ever at being WR.

Archived