Tyreek Hill

Nozizaki

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

You said he needs a good qb to put up numbers. I show you what he can do with an average one. I think given more time he would have done better given that it was his 2nd year ever at being WR.

The guy has Patrick Mahomes as his QB and his numbers are good.  In 2008, Calvin Johnson played with Dan Orlovsky as his QB and has pretty much the same numbers as Hill does.  Dan Orlovsky is freaking BAD.  If Hill played with Orlovsky as his QB, he wouldn't do anything.

So the point still stands.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The guy has Patrick Mahomes as his QB and his numbers are good.  In 2008, Calvin Johnson played with Dan Orlovsky as his QB and has pretty much the same numbers as Hill does.  Dan Orlovsky is freaking BAD.  If Hill played with Orlovsky as his QB, he wouldn't do anything.

So youre just being obtuse on purpose. Okay then

Just now, Chiefer said:

So youre just being obtuse on purpose. Okay then

No, I made a point.  You're a Chiefs fan that's trying to counter the point when you can't.  Alex Smith is a good QB, Mahomes is great.  Smith is not a bad QB by any stretch of the imagination.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Pure speculation. You can't know that.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Pure speculation. You can't know that.

My main point was that most QB's who put up good numbers are doing so with a good QB.  Hill has had that.  Calvin Johnson put up great numbers with bad QB's, as did Moss.  That was my point.  He tried to counter it by saying Hill put up good stats with Alex Smith.  Smith isn't a bad QB.... so what's the point to bring it up?

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

My main point was that most QB's who put up good numbers are doing so with a good QB.  Hill has had that.  Calvin Johnson put up great numbers with bad QB's, as did Moss.  That was my point.  He tried to counter it by saying Hill put up good stats with Alex Smith.  Smith isn't a bad QB.... so what's the point to bring it up?

Calvin also put up mediocre numbers with a bad QB. As did Moss. It isn't like 1300 yards and 12 TDs was what Calvin did every year prior to Stafford's prime.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Calvin also put up mediocre numbers with a bad QB. As did Moss. It isn't like 1300 yards and 12 TDs was what Calvin did every year prior to Stafford's prime.

He put up a great year with a guy who is considered a horrible player.  Also, those Lions teams SUCKED.  Teams were scheming their entire defense to stop Calvin Johnson.  Hill doesn't and has not EVER dealt with that.

Like, it's not even comparable.  I don't get why we're still even talking about this other than you two are Chiefs fans and probably feel the need to defend Hill for some strange reason.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

He put up a great year with a guy who is considered a horrible player.  Also, those Lions teams SUCKED.  Teams were scheming their entire defense to stop Calvin Johnson.  Hill doesn't and has not EVER dealt with that.

Like, it's not even comparable.  I don't get why we're still even talking about this other than you two are Chiefs fans and probably feel the need to defend Hill for some strange reason.

Because you said Hill would do nothing with a bad QB, which is just a ludicrous statement.

14 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

A good time for a NFL WR would be a 10.3ish,  but unless a guy has ran a sub 10.20 he is not "World Class". and that is on the other ranges, we do see 9.7's at the World Class level.  And a footballer has ran that....Christian Coleman (4.1 40)..but just HS ball.

10.3 would have nearly been enough to beat 8th place in the 2017 100m world championship. That's hardly a "good time" for an NFL WR.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I have no side in this argument, but calling Alex Smith's 2017 average is being ridiculous. Alex Smith with Andy is a good QB. 

They feel like they have to defend their guy.  I'm not insulting Hill at all, he's a fine WR.  He's not on Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss'  level, though.  Smith is actually a good QB.  He's not great or elite, but he's a good player.  For me to say that Calvin Johnson played with Dan Orlovsky and the counter be - Tyreek Hill had Alex Smith as his QB last year.... is straight up laughable.

Hill, in his career, has been with an offensive genius as a coach, a good QB to now a great QB, tons of offensive weapons so the defense can't focus solely on him.  That's literally the complete opposite of some of the scenarios Calvin Johnson faced when he was with the Lions.

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

They feel like they have to defend their guy.  I'm not insulting Hill at all, he's a fine WR.  He's not on Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss'  level, though.  Smith is actually a good QB.  He's not great or elite, but he's a good player.  For me to say that Calvin Johnson played with Dan Orlovsky and the counter be - Tyreek Hill had Alex Smith as his QB last year.... is straight up laughable.

Hill, in his career, has been with an offensive genius as a coach, a good QB to now a great QB, tons of offensive weapons so the defense can't focus solely on him.  That's literally the complete opposite of some of the scenarios Calvin Johnson faced when he was with the Lions.

No, you've just consistently made inaccurate statements. You said that Moss and Johnson consistently put up elite numbers with bad QB play. They didn't. You said Hill would do nothing with a bad QB. You don't know that. You can't know that. Make accurate statements and I won't have anything to argue about.

19 hours ago, showtime said:

I think for as good as Tyreek Hill is, you have to give a good amount of credit to his QB.  Most receivers need quality QB play to produce good numbers.  Even Antonio Brown, if you look at the times Big Ben has been out, his production goes down a ton.  The only two receivers that come to mind who were elite deep threats that could produce elite numbers on a consistent basis with subpar or poor QB play are Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. 

Plenty of receivers put up good numbers without good QB play. 

8 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

10.3 would have nearly been enough to beat 8th place in the 2017 100m world championship. That's hardly a "good time" for an NFL WR.

Yes it is.

In the World Champs/Olympics  you can only have three sprinters,  the USA/Jamaica could run a dozen sprinters faster than most countries fastest.

A 10.30 would be a great time for any footballer.

Archived