2019 Game Breakers

BleedTheClock

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Who are the homerun hitting guys in CFB? The guys with insane electric speed. Even if they aren't consistent playmakers, I'm looking for dudes that can fly past you if given space.

Paris Campbell, although he's extremely inconsistent and has poor hands. He is a game breaker and as frustrating of a player as you'll ever see.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Paris Campbell, although he's extremely inconsistent and has poor hands. He is a game breaker and as frustrating of a player as you'll ever see.

That’s the game breaker you come up with? Where’s Deion...

CMON MAN

If one is talking pure speed this is how I would rate them at the moment.  Very explosive players who have big play ability.

Rondale Moore FR WR Purdue
Marquise Brown JR WR Oklahoma
Jerry Jeudy SOPH WR Alabama
Andy Isabella SR WR UMASS
Greg Dortch RS SOPH WR Wake Forest
Parris Campbell SR WR Ohio State
KaVontae Turpin SR WR TCU
Mecole Hardman JR WR Georgia
KJ Hamler FR WR Penn State
Jeff Thomas SOPH WR Miami FL

The odd thing is Bryce Love, a guy with 260+ carries last year and a crazy 8.0 yards per carry average is having a pretty bad year in terms of explosive plays.  Only getting 4.3 yards a rush and not nearly having as many big explosive runs.   The OL has been surprisingly bad though and that does not help but it is odd, especially considering he is coming off the summer where he was supposed to get back to being healthy.  And even early on he did not do great and now is injured yet again.  One of the most explosive players coming into the season now looks like he should have totally when out for the draft last year.  Could easily fall out of the 1st round with how he has played so far this season I feel.  The lack of production is very surprising, especially considering now they have a decent pass game on Stanford when last year they were awful at passing the football early last year.  Yet Love ran wild, and pretty much most of the OL is back as well this year, one would assume some develop and getting better from a strong group last year, but yeah they have been bad overall.  

The problem with these "speed freak" guys is that they often aren't great football players.  There's a big heap of them who don't amount to a hill of beans.  Tyreek Hill has obviously made it the flavour of the week to chase...and i think some teams are going to go bonkers overdrafting speedsters...but the thing that really makes Hill special, is that he's got real football speed in pads, and it's not just straight line or shiftiness...it's both.  And he's a terrific receiver in the other aspects as well...not just a 1-dimensional fast guy.

It's hard to hide guys with that sort of explosive, dynamic, gamebreaking ability...unless they have the sort of checkered past Hill had.

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? He's not even the most explosive player in that OSU backfield. I wouldn't categorize him as explosive at all.

I definitely wouldn't say he deserves to be on this list, but he does seem to actually have a little bit more break-away speed than Dobbins believe it or not. Dobbins is definitely shiftier / a little bit quicker, but long speed isn't really a strength of his. Dobbins definitely has a more explosive jump cut. 

Archived