Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Checking in with Trubisky

Recommended Posts

I am intrigued to see how the Deshaun Watson is significantly better than Trubisky people are going to start to walk back their premature crowing of Watson and dumping of Mitch.

Watson [6 games] per game

64.5%, 299 yards, 1.6 TDs, 1.5 TOs, 8.3 yards/attempt, 34 yards rushing, 1.2 fumbles per game

-4 interceptions in the end zone
-7 fumbles in 9 games [only lost 2]

Trubisky [5 games] per game

70.2%, 252 yards, 2.4 TDs, 1.2 TOs, 7.8 yards/attempt, 33 yards rushing, .6 fumbles per game

-1 interception in the end zone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trubisky [5 games] per game

70.2%, 252 yards, 2.4 TDs, 1.2 TOs, 7.8 yards/attempt, 33 yards rushing, .6 fumbles per game

Goff [5 games of year 2]

62.8%, 272 yards, 1.4 TDs, .8 TO, 8.3 yards/attempt, 4.6 yards rushing, .6 fumbles/game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trubisky [5 games] per game

70.2%, 252 yards, 2.4 TDs, 1.2 TOs, 7.8 yards/attempt, 33 yards rushing, .6 fumbles per game

Wentz [5 games of year 2] 

62.7%, 272 yards, 2 TDs, .8 TOs, 7.7 yards/attempt, 22 yards rushing, .8 fumbles/game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly why you should never get too high or low on a certain player, especially a young QB after only a few of starts in the NFL.

This is more than a 1-year process.  I expect Mitchell to be a good NFL Quarterback with the more experience he gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these data points. Great work here. Watching Mahomes yesterday, I see him coming back down to earth as well. He threw 2 picks but could of easily thrown another 2. Lets see what happens as the year progresses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think after a night of rest, the one thing I came to the conclusion of was that despite the defense ****ting themselves or Fangio not adjusting or Nagy being "conservative" or the refs being terrible or Howard still being overrated was that Trubisky is starting to show a lot more promise. He does make some bad throws here and there, but the eye popping throws are starting to show up more and more. Miami's pass D isn't great but they're opportunistic. For him to only throw 1 INT and to also shred them on some long throws was very impressive. I'm excited to see how he handles the confusing looks that Belichick will be throwing his way.

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beardown3231 said:

I think after a night of rest, the one thing I came to the conclusion of was that despite the defense ****ting themselves or Fangio not adjusting or Nagy being "conservative" or the refs being terrible or Howard still being overrated was that Trubisky is starting to show a lot more promise. He does make some bad throws here and there, but the eye popping throws are starting to show up more and more. Miami's pass D isn't great but they're opportunistic. For him to only throw 1 INT and to also shred them on some long throws was very impressive. I'm excited to see how he handles the confusing looks that Belichick will be throwing his way.

I think that's probably why I'm not too upset about this loss either. We were down a score and he drives us to get the lead and in position to win. Beyond that he comes out hot in the second half and really starts bringing it all together. He will continue to have good and bad games no doubt about it, hes young but the talent and promise is there and it's becoming obvious. 

If we can win 8-9 games this season we can easily be a front runner next year for the NFCN crown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I think that's probably why I'm not too upset about this loss either. We were down a score and he drives us to get the lead and in position to win. Beyond that he comes out hot in the second half and really starts bringing it all together. He will continue to have good and bad games no doubt about it, hes young but the talent and promise is there and it's becoming obvious. 

If we can win 8-9 games this season we can easily be a front runner next year for the NFCN crown. 

It just sucks because they started 3-1 and yesterday was very winnable while next week doesn't look so promising. That puts them at 3-3 and the Jets are no pushover. We've also seen this team struggle on the road, so despite Peterman/Allen, Buffalo is no easy W either.

That's what sucks, but the most important player on the team wears #10 and it's at least cool that he looks on the upswing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only fault I'll give Trubisky from yesterday is throwing that INT into double coverage after the OPI penalty on Burton that negated Cohen's TD.  He needs to have better situational awareness there and to realize that it's ok to come away with just 3 points there instead of going for it all with a risky throw on the very next play.

Other than that he showed good poise and accuracy.  His deep ball is improving with each game.  I like the progression we are starting to see with him in this offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The only fault I'll give Trubisky from yesterday is throwing that INT into double coverage after the OPI penalty on Burton that negated Cohen's TD.  He needs to have better situational awareness there and to realize that it's ok to come away with just 3 points there instead of going for it all with a risky throw on the very next play.

Other than that he showed good poise and accuracy.  His deep ball is improving with each game.  I like the progression we are starting to see with him in this offense.

Agree. Also, to throw that to f***ing Braunecker of all people was f***ing dumb.

They turned the ball over twice inside the 11. I think I posted this in the GT too, but that's a great way to lose a road game. If they just get 3 points out of the possible 14 there, they win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It just sucks because they started 3-1 and yesterday was very winnable while next week doesn't look so promising. That puts them at 3-3 and the Jets are no pushover. We've also seen this team struggle on the road, so despite Peterman/Allen, Buffalo is no easy W either.

That's what sucks, but the most important player on the team wears #10 and it's at least cool that he looks on the upswing.

I think no matter what this year Mitch will have his ups and downs. He is too new and doesn't have enough experience to be consistent. If we make the playoffs I would be ecstatic, but look what happened to Goff last year. I think we just need more time to be a Super Bowl contender. If he can have a really good year this year we could be set up for a lot of opportunities in the next couple years to win the big one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The numbers comparisons become more interesting when you compare defenses played by Trubisky and Watson. 

Def PPG Trubisky: 24.8 ppg allowed on average
Def PPG Watson: 23.25 ppg

But if you adjust them to take out the Texans and Bears games and look at the points those opponents are allowing to everyone else,

Def PPG [Not inluding Bears] Trubisky: 23 PPG
Def PPG [Not including Texans] Watson: 28 ppg

Watson is doing less against worst defenses overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The numbers comparisons become more interesting when you compare defenses played by Trubisky and Watson. 

Def PPG Trubisky: 24.8 ppg allowed on average
Def PPG Watson: 23.25 ppg

But if you adjust them to take out the Texans and Bears games and look at the points those opponents are allowing to everyone else,

Def PPG [Not inluding Bears] Trubisky: 23 PPG
Def PPG [Not including Texans] Watson: 28 ppg

Watson is doing less against worst defenses overall.

TBF Watson has 0 protection around him, whereas 10 has the number 1 rated protection according to PFF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The numbers comparisons become more interesting when you compare defenses played by Trubisky and Watson. 

Def PPG Trubisky: 24.8 ppg allowed on average
Def PPG Watson: 23.25 ppg

But if you adjust them to take out the Texans and Bears games and look at the points those opponents are allowing to everyone else,

Def PPG [Not inluding Bears] Trubisky: 23 PPG
Def PPG [Not including Texans] Watson: 28 ppg

Watson is doing less against worst defenses overall.

It's honestly hard to say who will end up being the better QB down the line but right now, and no homer, if I had to choose one it'd be Mitch. 

I just don't trust Watson's mental acumen.  I think he's a pure athlete playing QB and nothing more but I may be wrong.  Like I said though it's still too early to tell.

Edited by topwop1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×