Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Checking in with Trubisky

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Maybe, just maybe, its bc hes a 2nd year qb playing in his 7th game in the system, and he has to adjust every week to whatever the defense is throwing at him bc its brand new.

What were they throwing at him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dafreak said:

What were they throwing at him?

He just means different looks and such.

Did y'all see Tru's Ditka get-up (for Halloween)?

TrubiskyDItka.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He just means different looks and such.

Did y'all see Tru's Ditka get-up (for Halloween)?

TrubiskyDItka.jpg

I know what he meant. Love the Tru's get up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Love the Tru's get up.

I'm old and cantankerous, so I may be one of the few Bears fans left around who still has a foul taste in their mouths from the missteps of the Ditka years.

But Tru's get up is still hilarious, and all class...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm old and cantankerous, so I may be one of the few Bears fans left around who still has a foul taste in their mouths from the missteps of the Ditka years.

But Tru's get up is still hilarious, and all class...

 

Well getting your *** kicked by a platypus for 200+ episodes will do that to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dafreak said:

Trubisky played well in the second half, I just wish he wouldnt have come out so cold in the first half. It seems to be a pattern.

It was really only the 2nd quarter that he was off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

 

Well getting your *** kicked by a platypus for 200+ episodes will do that to you

A-Gent PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats aren’t everything, but they’re at least a relative apples to apples barometer of Mitch’s play versus his contemporaries and predecessors. Over 7 games Mitch is:

155-240 (64.6%), 1814 yards (7.6 ypa), 15 TD, 6 INT and QB Rating of 97.8. 

Over 16 games that extrapolates to:

354-549, 4146 yards, 34 TD and 14 INT. Oh, and he’s on pace for over 600 yards and 4 TD rushing too. 

Yardage and TDs would blow existing team records out of the water, and the QB Rating I believe would be behind only McCown’s 5-game season in 2013. All likely without a 1000 yard rusher or receiver. Team is averaging 27.7 ppg. 

At what point are people going to stop comparing him against everyone else and pointing flaws and just enjoy what they’re seeing here? Because we’ve never seen it in a Bears uniform. Has he not shown enough to earn at least a little bit of leeway? If someone would have told you Trubisky’s projected stat line was what he’d do this year in August people would have **** themselves all the way up their backs and thrown old ladies from trains if need be to get there for it. I mean, how high is his ceiling with even slight improvement on deep passes and nowhere else (which isn’t even unrealistic)? He’s producing like we haven’t ever seen a Bears QB do and still has obvious room for additional growth with stuff most QBs improve on over time like footwork and reading defenses. What’s it going to take for some people to just enjoy the ride here? I’m fully aware that Mahomes is having a once in a generation kind of season. That doesn’t change the fact that Mitch is doing a ton of great things about which we should be really excited. The grass on the other side of the fence may be green, but it’s pretty damn green here too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Stats aren’t everything, but they’re at least a relative apples to apples barometer of Mitch’s play versus his contemporaries and predecessors. Over 7 games Mitch is:

155-240 (64.6%), 1814 yards (7.6 ypa), 15 TD, 6 INT and QB Rating of 97.8. 

Over 16 games that extrapolates to:

354-549, 4146 yards, 34 TD and 14 INT. Oh, and he’s on pace for over 600 yards and 4 TD rushing too. 

Yardage and TDs would blow existing team records out of the water, and the QB Rating I believe would be behind only McCown’s 5-game season in 2013. All likely without a 1000 yard rusher or receiver. Team is averaging 27.7 ppg. 

At what point are people going to stop comparing him against everyone else and pointing flaws and just enjoy what they’re seeing here? Because we’ve never seen it in a Bears uniform. Has he not shown enough to earn at least a little bit of leeway? If someone would have told you Trubisky’s projected stat line was what he’d do this year in August people would have **** themselves all the way up their backs and thrown old ladies from trains if need be to get there for it. I mean, how high is his ceiling with even slight improvement on deep passes and nowhere else (which isn’t even unrealistic)? He’s producing like we haven’t ever seen a Bears QB do and still has obvious room for additional growth with stuff most QBs improve on over time like footwork and reading defenses. What’s it going to take for some people to just enjoy the ride here? I’m fully aware that Mahomes is having a once in a generation kind of season. That doesn’t change the fact that Mitch is doing a ton of great things about which we should be really excited. The grass on the other side of the fence may be green, but it’s pretty damn green here too. 

Unfortunately never..especially with the way Mahomes is playing this year and the way Watson played last year.  Mitch will be forever compared to those two because of the fact that Bears had the choice to take any of them.

Do I think the comparisons are fair at this point in their respective careers?  Absolutely not.  Any rational thinking person wouldn't make these arguments this early, but the Bears fanbase has some of the biggest meatballers around so you have to expect the naysayers to come out in full force every time Mitch has a so-so or bad game.

I for one think he doing just fine in his second year as a pro and first year in this offense.  I'm excited to see how he grows because IMO we haven't seen his best yet, not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

S

At what point are people going to stop comparing him against everyone else and pointing flaws and just enjoy what they’re seeing here? Because we’ve never seen it in a Bears uniform. Has he not shown enough to earn at least a little bit of leeway? If someone would have told you Trubisky’s projected stat line was what he’d do this year in August people would have **** themselves all the way up their backs and thrown old ladies from trains if need be to get there for it.

I'm sorry, but this needs acknowledgement.  We got ourselves a real Joseph ******* Conrad going here.  The incongruous yet disgusting imagery. Just perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth is that Trubisky had a bad 5 throw run in the 2nd quarter of the game.

2nd Quarter

1. 10 yards to Bellamy, tight window throw.
2. Howard miss against all out blitz
3. Miller deep miss that has too much air for the conditions.

4. Cohen miss, looks like a throw away as he gets rocked
5. Miller miss, off by a foot on a far sideline throw, tough throw
6. Miss, this was the bad side arm throw between Burton and Gabriel

7. Gabriel, 1st down into the blitz.
8. Kevin White incompletion
9. Kevin White 22 yard completion into FG range [Long Penalty]
10. Gabriel incompletion, contested 3rd down throw, but ball was there.

Trubisky really had a bad 5 passes in a row and then was screwed by the Long penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Stats aren’t everything, but they’re at least a relative apples to apples barometer of Mitch’s play versus his contemporaries and predecessors. Over 7 games Mitch is:

155-240 (64.6%), 1814 yards (7.6 ypa), 15 TD, 6 INT and QB Rating of 97.8. 

Over 16 games that extrapolates to:

354-549, 4146 yards, 34 TD and 14 INT. Oh, and he’s on pace for over 600 yards and 4 TD rushing too. 

Yardage and TDs would blow existing team records out of the water, and the QB Rating I believe would be behind only McCown’s 5-game season in 2013. All likely without a 1000 yard rusher or receiver. Team is averaging 27.7 ppg. 

At what point are people going to stop comparing him against everyone else and pointing flaws and just enjoy what they’re seeing here? Because we’ve never seen it in a Bears uniform. Has he not shown enough to earn at least a little bit of leeway? If someone would have told you Trubisky’s projected stat line was what he’d do this year in August people would have **** themselves all the way up their backs and thrown old ladies from trains if need be to get there for it. I mean, how high is his ceiling with even slight improvement on deep passes and nowhere else (which isn’t even unrealistic)? He’s producing like we haven’t ever seen a Bears QB do and still has obvious room for additional growth with stuff most QBs improve on over time like footwork and reading defenses. What’s it going to take for some people to just enjoy the ride here? I’m fully aware that Mahomes is having a once in a generation kind of season. That doesn’t change the fact that Mitch is doing a ton of great things about which we should be really excited. The grass on the other side of the fence may be green, but it’s pretty damn green here too. 

So great AZ, and I'm right there with you.  We get the pleasure of watching this qb/hc convo develop over the next couple years and see just how good it can get.  Not to mention Cohen, Miller, and Shaheen right alongside.  This is just year one of what is hopefully 10+ years together.  I for one am excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best thing from yesterday.

There were no remote throwing worthy plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×