Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Brady perfected his mechanics, he didnt overhaul them, Brees delivery hasnt changed one bit since he was killing people at Purdue.  The only guy who has overhauled his mechanics is Rodgers, and Rodgers had to bc he was coached by Jeff Tedford, who screws with every QBs mechanics he comes across to make them deliver the football the way he wants them to.  There is a reason why Rodgers is the only Tedford qb...ever...to have success in the NFL.

Brees absolutely changed his mechanics since his rookie year in the NFL. For a guy that cites the eye test, you're completely wrong here.

Brady altered his arm slot, follow through with his hip, and release point. I forget what angle he referenced but Google can find that for you.

Rodgers, as mentioned, overhauled his.

It's much more commonplace than many think... Tom House has worked with everyone from Brady to Wentz to Matt Ryan.

I think this is what is messing with Trubisky and it won't shock me one bit to see that tweaked in the off-season. It's simple muscle memory.

26 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

But, but, but Mahomes! And there are running backs with more rushing yards! And my UPS driver has a slightly higher completion percentage! And he had beady eyes , which means he can't see either side of the field properly!

Between the beady eyes and the contours of his head I know all I need to know.

Science.

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @dabearsblog: 65% completed

1.814 yards

15 TDs

6 INTs

97.8 rating

This literally can’t be negative. It’s not possible to make these numbers negative.

Problem is people have seen missed balls to open receivers.  The negative sticks in the mind easier than the positive.

You can give someone 7 compliments and say one negative thing and they will remember the negative thing much more strongly than the 7 compliments.

One thing that's surprised me is the lack of connection between Trubisky and Trey Burton. I expected Burton to be more of a breakout star this year and to be more heavily targeted. He's still seeing targets and has made some impact, but it seems like Mitch is spreading the ball around a lot in this offense.

I would like to see more big plays. No Bears receiver has an average YPC of more than 13.3 yards.

Hub was talking about this on the Score is that Trubisky is missing Anthony Miller a ton.

Catch Percentage

Taylor Gabriel 77%
Trey Burton 73%
Allen Robinson 59%

Anthony Miller 48%

I think that there is some blame that falls on both sides, more on Trubisky's, but if these 2 guys can get on the same page I think we may see a statistical explosion.

3 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

One thing that's surprised me is the lack of connection between Trubisky and Trey Burton. I expected Burton to be more of a breakout star this year and to be more heavily targeted. He's still seeing targets and has made some impact, but it seems like Mitch is spreading the ball around a lot in this offense.

I would like to see more big plays. No Bears receiver has an average YPC of more than 13.3 yards.

I think teams are scheming against Burton, especially with Robinson hobbled.

Part of it is that he seems to have a really good connection with Gabriel that I was not expecting.

To Windy's point... there has been more than a few comments from Bears coaches about Miller and the depth of his route running. I'm not giving Trubisky a pass, but it wouldn't surprise me if Trubisky is expecting Miller to get deeper on some of his routes and he isn't doing it.

Both these kids are young in the NFL, I'm more than willing to give it time.

That being said... Trubisky REALLY needs to clean up his footwork.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

To Windy's point... there has been more than a few comments from Bears coaches about Miller and the depth of his route running. I'm not giving Trubisky a pass, but it wouldn't surprise me if Trubisky is expecting Miller to get deeper on some of his routes and he isn't doing it.

Both these kids are young in the NFL, I'm more than willing to give it time.

That being said... Trubisky REALLY needs to clean up his footwork.

It is just crazy that there is a 30 point disparity between him and Gabriel

Archived