Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Checking in with Trubisky

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

TBF Watson has 0 protection around him, whereas 10 has the number 1 rated protection according to PFF

We were not allowed to apply context last season when Mitch was throwing the ball to 3 guys who are out of the NFL and Watson was throwing the ball to an All Pro and a Pro Bowl talent at WR.

Looking at the top 10 passers [yardage] in the NFL the average yards per attempt is 11.9.

Mitchell Trubisky is at 11.1.

He has a higher yards per completion than 4 guys who are top 10 in yards at this point of the season.

More fun with numbers. Looking at the top passers in the NFL in terms of NON YAC Passing Yards

Big Ben-40.6% of his yards are NON-YAC
Rodgers-59%
Mahomes-49.6%
Watson-58.5%
Goff-48.7%

Mitch-51%

So, again the people who seem to think he is throwing an inordinate number of short passes and benefiting from a ton of run after catch, he does not benefit more than any other QB, in fact less than many top passers.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

TBF Watson has 0 protection around him, whereas 10 has the number 1 rated protection according to PFF

According to PFF Trubisky also came up short this past Sunday and basically let his team down.  

While Bears o-line has been pretty good, I don't agree with everything PFF spits out.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

According to PFF Trubisky also came up short this past Sunday and basically let his team down.  

While Bears o-line has been pretty good, I don't agree with everything PFF spits out.

What did PFF say about him.  I haven't seen it yet.  The thing with PFF is they are VERY guilty of confirmation bias.  When they get locked in on something its damn near impossible to get them to change their stance.  Hence Evan Mathis being the GOAT OL

QB Rushing Leaders/game

1. Dak Prescott 34
1. Deshaun Watson 34
3. Mitch Trubisky 33

For some context arguably one of the best running QBs of our generation Cam Newton for his career averages 40/game.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What did PFF say about him.  I haven't seen it yet.  The thing with PFF is they are VERY guilty of confirmation bias.  When they get locked in on something its damn near impossible to get them to change their stance.  Hence Evan Mathis being the GOAT OL

Paraphrasing

"No one should be surprised that Trubisky failed down the stretch, but the defense failing should be a surprise.'

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

All one has to do is crosscheck PFF vs Madden. The middle ground is absolute truth.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I agree with none of it. They also didn't have Mack as a top 10 defensive NFL player through 3 weeks and they also had Amos as a top 3 safety last year. It's nonsense.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

It's honestly hard to say who will end up being the better QB down the line but right now, and no homer, if I had to choose one it'd be Mitch. 

I just don't trust Watson's mental acumen.  I think he's a pure athlete playing QB and nothing more but I may be wrong.  Like I said though it's still too early to tell.

I was a big Watson ( And kizer.. ) thumper, but after last season I kind of talked myself into the idea that Pace passed on Watson due to injury concerns.  I disagree on the mental aspects, Watson seems to think pretty well on his feet. 

Going through the first two trubisky years has really made me understand and appreciate why people say it takes three years to evaluate a QB.  So much going on with they development, plus it's not in a vacuum as defenses scout these guys and find their weaknesses weekly. Pretty fun to be along for the ride with Mitch 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I agree with none of it. They also didn't have Mack as a top 10 defensive NFL player through 3 weeks and they also had Amos as a top 3 safety last year. It's nonsense.

Ha! I once said I didn't think Amos was a top safety on another forum, and got skewered for it, but the only arguments people had back was that PFF said this, or that the players I said were better played in different schemes out were free vs strong. Some people REALLY buy that number. He's good and I'm glad we have him, but I think he's not in conversation for top anything.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Paraphrasing

"No one should be surprised that Trubisky failed down the stretch, but the defense failing should be a surprise.'

Nah, they can't be that dumb.  Dude put his team in position to win the game twice.  It's not his fault the D let Albert Wilson take a 2 yard pass 75 yards, or that his kicker missed a 54 yarder.  

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I was a big Watson ( And kizer.. ) thumper, but after last season I kind of talked myself into the idea that Pace passed on Watson due to injury concerns.  I disagree on the mental aspects, Watson seems to think pretty well on his feet. 

Going through the first two trubisky years has really made me understand and appreciate why people say it takes three years to evaluate a QB.  So much going on with they development, plus it's not in a vacuum as defenses scout these guys and find their weaknesses weekly. Pretty fun to be along for the ride with Mitch 

I was all on the Mahomes and Trubisky train, but thought Watson was the pick due to Pace's comments. I didn't like Watson's propensity for INTs and reliance on 50/50 balls. Tru and Mahomes both showed a lot more touch, but Mahomes had some really bad footwork that messed with his occasionally. I was high on Kizer until his play got really erratic and he started seeing ghosts. If anything is true in Chicago Bears history for QBs, if you're not tough you're dead here. Be it the fans, bad OLs or bad coaching, you're getting your *** beat in some way with regularity.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was all on the Mahomes and Trubisky train, but thought Watson was the pick due to Pace's comments. I didn't like Watson's propensity for INTs and reliance on 50/50 balls. Tru and Mahomes both showed a lot more touch, but Mahomes had some really bad footwork that messed with his occasionally. I was high on Kizer until his play got really erratic and he started seeing ghosts. If anything is true in Chicago Bears history for QBs, if you're not tough you're dead here. Be it the fans, bad OLs or bad coaching, you're getting your *** beat in some way with regularity.

Ditto everything except Kizer. I thought Kizer sucked.