Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Where is this Orton love coming from? LOL.  Anyway, I didn't say he was worst.  He wasn't, I just didn't like the guy overall. 

Didn't like his personality or play.  

I have several friends who knew him in hs, I picked him off.  Most everybody who knew him said he was a ******.  He famously tried to walk on a $5000 tab at Drink on draft night.  I liked KO the Chicago bear qb, but I dont blame anybody who didnt like KO the person

On 11/10/2018 at 1:25 AM, Sugashane said:

Of Bears QBs mine would be Danny Wuerffel. Been like 18 years and I still can't say his name without sounding handicapped. 

I still have a borderline dramatic hate of Manziel and Cardale Jones though. Every bad game made me do the evil villain laugh. 

I guess "evil villain" is a bit redundant too, but whatever. 

Cade McCown was God awful and tops my list 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Some great gifs of Trubisky audibling and destroying the Lions.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1061801749953036290

Awesome. I pointed it out during game in real time. I usually watch on game pass, but I watched this one live.

Audibles shows growth in understanding the concepts and what they are for.  Very good sign.

As a "wait and see" guy, this game was exactly what I wanted to see.  He's developing a real command and comfort with his team.  Doesn't hurt that he seemed accurate all day;  some of the misses were drops and throwaways, and there weren't even many of those.  

Felt like losing the first Lions game would have been checking out of the playoffs. Winning it in such a fashion makes next weeks Viking's game a referendum on who #1 in the division really is, and frankly I feel like it's a toss-up between the two teams. What a great time to be a Bears fan.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Nagy must be the best coach of all time.

Thus far, I'm sold on Nagy. The creativity of the offense scheme alone – not to mention how hard the team is playing – speaks well of his tenure. On nearly every play, multiple WRs are running free. None of us (excepting maybe Chicago Al) was alive the last time the Bears had an inventive offense. I can't wait to see the Vikings game; it will be a bellwether contest for both teams. 

BTW, 16-game projected stats for Mitch:

4247 YDs, 34 TDs, 12 INTs, 569 Rush YDs, 101.6 rating

While these numbers are obviously meaningless, they do, I think, provide a measure of his season against pre-season expectations. We continuously want more from him, but it's obvious that he's exceeding what most of us thought he would achieve. And, the most exciting aspect of his play is that the scheme is very obviously starting to solidify for him. With a full off-season for Mitch to immerse himself in the scheme and to refine his mechanics, the Bears are going to be exceedingly difficult to beat next season. 

Edited to add:

I just saw this post about Abraham Lin..., I mean, Andrew Luck, in Gen:

"66%, 2,472 yards and 98.4 Rating. He's quietly having his best season of his career. How amazing after a weird injury. Very impressed. The best young QB in the NFL lives on."

This is yet another illustration of how stupid pundits are regarding Mitch. Everyone thinks that Luck walks on water, but...

10 hours ago, yomyyo said:

"66%, 2,472 yards and 98.4 Rating. He's quietly having his best season of his career. How amazing after a weird injury. Very impressed. The best young QB in the NFL lives on."

This is yet another illustration of how stupid pundits are regarding Mitch. Everyone thinks that Luck walks on water, but...

I saw that too. The level of hypocrisy is ridiculous. If Goff had these exact numbers he would have been a god, but Tru is a fluke. 9_9

Archived