Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no injury report on Mondays? So was this a reporter who just saw something or what?

@BearsPR: DNP: LB Aaron Lynch (concussion); TE Adam Shaheen (concussion); QB Mitchell Trubisky (right shoulder)
*The Bears did not practice Monday; participation reports are estimates

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no injury report on Mondays? So was this a reporter who just saw something or what?

Teams need to give an injury report each day for 3 days prior to the game. Since the game is on thursday, on short week games like this, teams have to give a "hypothetical" injury report on monday since they usually don't even practice. They essentially say "if we did conduct a real practice, this is what the injury report would probably look like"

An injured Trubisky kinda freaks me out, as if he's not confident in fitting a ball in he might take off and run again, and can''t imagine a Lions defender not going for a kill shot right now.

Obvious there are a lot of details that go into an evaluation of a QB injury, but this tiem I hope they play it safe and if it's a coin toss decision hope Chase comes out.  I also feel like that's likely.

6 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Also,  can you imagine how much swagger the defense would come out with if the offense is limited? Not saying that this is an 85 Bears level of hate between the two phases, but this defense has a lot of reasons to be cocky, can you imagine if they give the offense a "don't worry, we got this"?

I could only hope

I listened to Nagy's presser. He was pretty vague when pressed for specifics on the injury and characterized his status as "day to day." When asked specifically about Mitch needing surgery, he flatly denied that possibility. He also spent time singing the praises of Chase Daniel.

Afterwards, Bernstein, McKnight, and Anthony Herron all seemed to feel pretty strongly that Trubisky wouldn't be playing Thursday.

1064942846581587970https://twitter.com/Bernstein_McK/status/1064942846581587970

41 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

I listened to Nagy's presser. He was pretty vague when pressed for specifics on the injury and characterized his status as "day to day." When asked specifically about Mitch needing surgery, he flatly denied that possibility. He also spent time singing the praises of Chase Daniel.

Afterwards, Bernstein, McKnight, and Anthony Herron all seemed to feel pretty strongly that Trubisky wouldn't be playing Thursday.

1064942846581587970https://twitter.com/Bernstein_McK/status/1064942846581587970

I really hope that's not the case because I don't have any faith in Chase Daniel to win this game for us on the road.  People keep pointing out that he's one of the if not the best backup's in the NFL but his sample size is so limited it's hard to make that type of claim.

I really hope Nagy is just messing with the Lions.

I did not get the same read from the press conference that Bernstien and McKnight did.

I think that he is being vague as a strategic advantage.

If there was a real shot of the Daniel starting the line in Vegas would move or they would pull the game. As of this moment it is steady at the Bears -4

Just now, WindyCity said:

I did not get the same read from the press conference that Bernstien and McKnight did.

I think that he is being vague as a strategic advantage.

If there was a real shot of the Daniel starting the line in Vegas would move or they would pull the game. As of this moment it is steady at the Bears -4

I think so too.  I saw the video of the team after the game and Trubs looked fine.  He was hopping around and raising his arms clapping and what not.  If he had a serious shoulder injury then he wouldn't be able to move his arms like that.

Someone put that video on twitter, and I just went and rewatched it... he doesn't raise his arms at all, at least in the one I've seen. 

I've destroyed 2 shoulders, and when they're feeling bad I'm fine, so long as I don't need to raise my arms or lift anything away from my body.  Bouncing and yelling "Par-Key!" would not affect me. 

Are the Bears still favored if Daniel starts?  I have the weirdest feeling that Daniel starts, and the Bears win. 

Archived