Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

59 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @AdamSchefter: After missing the Thanksgiving game vs. the Lions, Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky is hopeful to play next Sunday vs. Giants but it is not certain he will and missing one more game is possible, per source. If he were to miss that one, he would be expected to return the following week.

Damn

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @AdamSchefter: After missing the Thanksgiving game vs. the Lions, Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky is hopeful to play next Sunday vs. Giants but it is not certain he will and missing one more game is possible, per source. If he were to miss that one, he would be expected to return the following week.

Considering their opponent next week might be better to let him rest one more week before the big game against the Rams.

19 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Considering their opponent next week might be better to let him rest one more week before the big game against the Rams.

If the Giants win today, they’re 2 out of the NFCE lead. They might be 4-7 at that point, but that crowd will be bonkers and the Giants will have a ton of confidence.

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If the Giants win today, they’re 2 out of the NFCE lead. They might be 4-7 at that point, but that crowd will be bonkers and the Giants will have a ton of confidence.

Giants are almost certainly out of playoff picture now. That being said Bears should not take that team lightly next weekend but regardless they shouldn't lose that game whether its Mitch or Daniel starting. 

22 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Giants are almost certainly out of playoff picture now. That being said Bears should not take that team lightly next weekend but regardless they shouldn't lose that game whether its Mitch or Daniel starting. 

I’d agree now. To lose that game when winning 19-3 is demoralizing.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

That was week 1, with 15 games (5 in the division) left.

This was week 12, when the 3-7 Giants were winning by 16 on the road against a division foe- so close to being 4-7 and being two out of first place- after talking all week about eventually taking the division since they had just won two straight.

But feel free to compare the two.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That was week 1.

This was week 12, when the 3-7 Giants were winning by 16 on the road- so close to being 4-7 and being two out of first place- after talking all week about eventually taking the division since they had just won two straight.

But feel free to compare the two.

But it wasn't demoralizing to the Bears it could have been though, it was to the fans though. But I will compare the two because they are pretty much the same, it just doesn't fit your narrative.

25 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

But it wasn't demoralizing to the Bears it could have been though, it was to the fans though. But I will compare the two because they are pretty much the same, it just doesn't fit your narrative.

The Giants are now 3-8 and have two division games left. The Bears were 0-1 at that point. You’re right, it may have been to the fans, but fans =/= players. I’m not sure how the two are the same besides both teams blew a late lead. The game today for NYG was their Super Bowl, a chance to be 2 out of first place with 5 games left, and they blew it big time. Their season is over and they have nothing to play for.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Whats more, atleast when the Bears blew the lead it was due to their own mistakes and not because of poor reffing like the Giants. The Giants only lost because the refs were terrible in that game and clearly favoring the Eagles.

Nothing is worse than losing because of poor calls by the refs. 

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Whats more, atleast when the Bears blew the lead it was due to their own mistakes and not because of poor reffing like the Giants. The Giants only lost because the refs were terrible in that game and clearly favoring the Eagles.

Nothing is worse than losing because of poor calls by the refs. 

Barkley touched the ball four times in the second half after averaging something like 9 yards per touch in the first half. You can blame whoever you want, but that’s ****ing awful playcalling on Shurmur’s behalf.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Barkley touched the ball four times in the second half after averaging something like 9 yards per touch in the first half. You can blame whoever you want, but that’s ****ing awful playcalling on Shurmur’s behalf.

I don't care how many times Barkley touched the ball. Stop box score scouting and watch the game. The Giants got screwed.

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I don't care how many times Barkley touched the ball. Stop box score scouting and watch the game. The Giants got screwed.

Yeah they got screwed alright, screwed by their HC that is, because their two best weapons touched the ball under 10 times in the second half, but go ahead and blame the refs. I just read two game reviews from two different Giants writers and not one mentioned deficiencies from the refs.

Archived