Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

RT @MikeGarafolo: Despite #Bears QB Mitch Trubisky (shoulder) returning to practice yesterday, the team is planning for him to sit this week in favor of Chase Daniel once again, sources say. No surprise, given Matt Nagy’s comments. Trubisky could play right now but team wants to play it safe.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @MikeGarafolo: Despite #Bears QB Mitch Trubisky (shoulder) returning to practice yesterday, the team is planning for him to sit this week in favor of Chase Daniel once again, sources say. No surprise, given Matt Nagy’s comments. Trubisky could play right now but team wants to play it safe.

Dangerous gamble. 

Giants are sad, but Barkley is no joke and they are playing at home with nothing to lose.

Daniels will probably play better with some reps. 

Hope Hicks injury is minor.

It is kind of nice that these guys will let players get their bodies right and sit a week here and there.

I think Bears screwed Long over years having him play through injuries especially in meaningless games.  

NFL screwed Bears having them play 3 games in 11 days.  That is hard for high school kids.  Wrecks your body at NFL level. 

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It is kind of nice that these guys will let players get their bodies right and sit a week here and there.

I think Bears screwed Long over years having him play through injuries especially in meaningless games.  

NFL screwed Bears having them play 3 games in 11 days.  That is hard for high school kids.  Wrecks your body at NFL level. 

What a blessing it is to feel the team is good enough to win while a star player gets some extra rest instead of feeling the need to rush them back from injury just so we can compete. Man is it good to be a Bears fan this year. 

30 minutes ago, Pool said:

What a blessing it is to feel the team is good enough to win while a star player gets some extra rest instead of feeling the need to rush them back from injury just so we can compete. Man is it good to be a Bears fan this year. 

Feeling and executing are 2 different things.

A loss to the Giants would be bad. The Bears would need Seattle to come through next Monday and take the Vikings down or this is going to be super tight down the stretch.

If they arent playing him for the sake of not playing him, I vehemently disagree with the decision. Mack and Robinson sitting was against 2 AFC teams, different than a conference opponent, which matters for playoff seeding.  Not to mention a win against NYG potentially secures the division before you ever take the field against LA.  Sitting Tru if he is ready to play could really come back to bite them.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Another possibility is the the injury is more severe, or his recovery slower than expected.

I feel like this is a smart move... that I hate.  

Rapaport was on the Score and said he is hearing it is a shoulder bruise and not an AC joint issue.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Rapaport was on the Score and said he is hearing it is a shoulder bruise and not an AC joint issue.

What exactly is the prognosis on a shoulder bruise? I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be able to play with that.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Feeling and executing are 2 different things.

A loss to the Giants would be bad. The Bears would need Seattle to come through next Monday and take the Vikings down or this is going to be super tight down the stretch.

This. All of this.

I understand they want to be precautionary with our franchise QB... but did anyone else focus on our run defense against DET? I'm sure being on short rest played a part, but man our secondary wanted NOTHING to do with Blount, save for maybe Kyle Fuller.

I'm praying our front 7 is healthy and hungry because we NEED to shut down Saquan Barkley or I worry we are in for a rude awakening.

Archived