Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

Just now, Nads786 said:

Rams are a really good team, what I meant was it’s a huge challenge to come back to that stage.

Agreed, and if I'm the Rams I put Suh over Daniels and Donald over whoever that bum is playing RG for us.

Not a good look...

10 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Rams are a really good team, what I meant was it’s a huge challenge to come back to that stage.

That’s true, but if the shoulder isn’t 100%, coming back too early and reinjuring it is even less ideal.

I don’t think there’s such thing as coming back from injury in a primetime game being less than ideal. If anything, I think the night game atmosphere and 21 days rest will be great for him, whether it’s against the 2018 Rams or the 2008 Lions. 

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s true, but if the shoulder isn’t 100%, coming back too early and reinjuring it is even less ideal.

I don’t think there’s such thing as coming back from injury in a primetime game being less than ideal. If anything, I think the night game atmosphere and 21 days rest will be great for him, whether it’s against the 2018 Rams or the 2008 Lions. 

I agree with you man. IMO the team has a better chance of winning the Rams game by letting Mitch rest another week than they do by letting him play this week and potentially doing more damage to his shoulder.  Any extended rest at this point in the season is only a bonus.  

Giants are arguably a worse team than the Lions and this Bears team didn't really have any problems with winning that game on 3 days rest.  Don't risk Mitch for what should be a very winnable game.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I agree with you man. IMO the team has a better chance of winning the Rams game by letting Mitch rest another week than they do by letting him play this week and potentially doing more damage to his shoulder.  Any extended rest at this point in the season is only a bonus.  

Giants are arguably a worse team than the Lions and this Bears team didn't really have any problems with winning that game on 3 days rest.  Don't risk Mitch for what should be a very winnable game.

Did we watch the same game? Bc they absolutely had trouble with the Lions.  It took another great defensive play to finally turn the tide in that game.  And even then if Stafford doesnt make a boneheaded decision they have a chance to tie it up late. They were missing tackles like they did in the 95 degree heat down in Miami.  They were absolutely gassed.  The Bears were fortunate to get out of Detroit with a win, dont kid yourself.

15 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Did we watch the same game? Bc they absolutely had trouble with the Lions.  It took another great defensive play to finally turn the tide in that game.  And even then if Stafford doesnt make a boneheaded decision they have a chance to tie it up late. They were missing tackles like they did in the 95 degree heat down in Miami.  They were absolutely gassed.  The Bears were fortunate to get out of Detroit with a win, dont kid yourself.

That’s because they had played the biggest game of almost any of their pro careers 85 hours prior. In the game vs Detroit on normal rest, they hammered them.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s because they had played the biggest game of almost any of their pro careers 85 hours prior. In the game vs Detroit on normal rest, they hammered them.

Ik its bc they were on short rest.  But he said they didnt have any problems on short rest, and that's not really true.

13 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Ik its bc they were on short rest.  But he said they didnt have any problems on short rest, and that's not really true.

I said they didn't REALLY have much of a problem with the Lions. Never said it was an easy W.   What I meant by that was that the game was never out of reach or improbable that the Bears would win.  Outside of Blunt, Bears defense limited the Lions offense most of that game and the offense moved the ball fine against Detroit's defense, which is a better unit than what they will be seeing this Sunday against the Giants.

58 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @AdamHoge: Matt Nagy on if Mitch Trubisky will be full-go this week: “I hope he is, but I can’t say that for sure.”

It cost Harrison Smith only about $10K to really **** in the Bears' cheerios.

Hope he is ok, Daniel is JAG, seemed pretty mediocre even for a back up.

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

It cost Harrison Smith only about $10K to really **** in the Bears' cheerios.

Hope he is ok, Daniel is JAG, seemed pretty mediocre even for a back up.

I'll be very surprised if Mitch doesn't start this week. 

I think Nagy is now taking full advantage of this situation to play games with the Rams this week.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'll be very surprised if Mitch doesn't start this week. 

I think Nagy is now taking full advantage of this situation to play games with the Rams this week.

I'm sure he will, I just mean our postseason position might have taken a decent hit due to losing the giants game. I'm sure we win with Tru, I doubt they get that burst of life if he is there. Even if throws weren't there then he would have thrown the ball away or made a few plays with his legs to extend drives. 

Plus I'm not sure how easy it is to re-aggrivate this injury. Might not even be realistic to do so, idk. 

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @danwiederer: Bears will hit the practice fields in Lake Forest in the 1 o'clock hour today. It's expected that QB Mitch Trubisky will be out there. Barring a setback, it's increasingly likely that the Bears will defeat the Rams this Sunday night at Soldier Field.

FIFY

Archived