Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

4 hours ago, G08 said:

That would be false, my friend. If you look at the number of mostly false (or worse) claim made by each network, Fox news operates at 59% while CNN is at 27%.

Nobody will be 100% accurate in today's day and age, but Fox News literally is right-wing propaganda and that sect of America's politics does not give a single **** about honest, fact-based journalism.

By whose measurement.  You can say Fox News is right wing propaganda which is mostly true, but CNN is left wing propaganda just as much.  Wont get into the rest of this here bc it's against the rules, but if you want to continue the convo feel free to PM me.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

By whose measurement.  You can say Fox News is right wing propaganda which is mostly true, but CNN is left wing propaganda just as much.  Wont get into the rest of this here bc it's against the rules, but if you want to continue the convo feel free to PM me.

Various sources, but the one I referenced for you was politifact.com

PolitiFact uses on-the-record interviews and publishes a list of sources with every fact-check. When possible, the list includes links to sources that are freely available, although some sources rely on paid subscriptions. The goal is to help readers judge for themselves whether they agree with the ruling.

We always contact or attempt to contact the person, website or organization that made the statement we are fact-checking.

Every fact-check is different, but generally speaking our reporting process includes the following: a review of what other fact-checkers have found previously; a thorough Google search; a search of online databases; consultation with a variety of experts; a review of publications and a final overall review of available evidence.

We emphasize primary sources and original documentation. We seek direct access to government reports, academic studies and other data. It’s not sufficient for us to get something second-hand. We don’t rely on what a campaign or elected official tells us -- we verify it independently.

In cases where PolitiFact must cite news reports from other media that rely on unnamed or unattributed sources (usually due to the extreme newsworthiness of the report), we note that we cannot independently verify their reporting.

Do you belive Fox News to be a trustworthy and unbiased news source? Feel free to PM me if you believe this is detracting from this thread or against forum rules.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Do you belive Fox News to be a trustworthy and unbiased news source? Feel free to PM me if you believe this is detracting from this thread or against forum rules

I think Fox News is a frightening garbage dump, but while discussing why I feel that way would provide for interesting conversation, anything that politically in-depth, and potentially inflammatory, is most definitely against forum rules. 

20 minutes ago, G08 said:

Various sources, but the one I referenced for you was politifact.com

Politifact is a left wing source which has had their biases proven numerous times.  Do I I think that Fox News is unbiased? Absolutely not.  But I also dont think CNN is unbiased either.  Well i will say Fox has going for them is at least theyre honest about it, whereas CNN trys to act like they are the champions of truth straight down the middle when they are so clearly not.  There are no unbiased news sources.  Which is why after you hear or read something, especially involving politics you should check multiple sources from various viewpoints.  That's absolutely all I'll say on the subject here.  Feel free to PM me.

16 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Politifact is a left wing source which has had their biases proven numerous times.  Do I I think that Fox News is unbiased? Absolutely not.  But I also dont think CNN is unbiased either.  Well i will say Fox has going for them is at least theyre honest about it, whereas CNN trys to act like they are the champions of truth straight down the middle when they are so clearly not.  There are no unbiased news sources.  Which is why after you hear or read something, especially involving politics you should check multiple sources from various viewpoints.  That's absolutely all I'll say on the subject here.  Feel free to PM me.

It's non-partisan. I watch a little Fox News and CNN and respectfully I don't understand your perspective that it's okay for Fox News to be clearly biased because they admit it. How is that good for the nation or our Democracy? 

The older I get the more I realize it's important to talk about politics even though many consider it to be a social faux pas. I think we've all forgotten how to have civil conversations on topics where we don't agree with the other party. I will say this, I appreciate your approach and delivery. Nice talk :)

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Going back to the topic, I can't wait to hear from those who will blame today's loss solely on Trubisky...

Honestly he didn't have a great game passing the football today but I feel like if it wasn't for him this game would have been way out of reach a lot earlier.  It's crazy to think that we still had a chance to win this game despite him completing just slightly over 50% of his passes with two INTs and with the defense and special teams playing as bad as they did.

The two INTs he threw were great plays by the DBs more than bad throws by him IMO but to be fair he also should have been picked off twice in the end zone on two separate occassions. Again despite all that this team was in it for the most part thanks to his ability to extend drives with his legs and put points on the board and to me that's progress and a positive when you're going up against the very best.

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Mitch had an even game today. If this was Mitch year 3 I think we would have won it.

his accuracy still needs work and I think we’ll see him make steady improvements over the season and really get good next year.

Agreed.

He still has problems when he gets flustered, and sails the ball, but he was able to reign that back in again. Which was nice.

Out of the two near interceptions, one was a result of a Patriot blatantly holding Sims in the end zone (which wasn't called), and the second would have been a spectacular play by Chung.

Of the two actual interceptions, the first was a prayer 50/50 low ball that the receiver just didn't come up with. The second, Miller should have had it, but, barring that should have played defender and kept the Patriot from it. Both things he'll improve upon the more he plays. 

Archived