Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

26 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have faith because this is different than before. Never have we seen a QB drafted by the Bears with Mitch's physical tools. Never have we had a QB with his make up, work ethic. and leadership qualities [Cutler truthers please feel free not to respond]. Never have we had a competent offensive coach who has worked with young QBs and comes from one of the most successful offensive systems in the NFL. We have never had this collection of offensive skill positions players since I have been watching the team. This is different. It does not mean it is going to be all positive, but it is different. I cannot allow my experiences and prejudices of the past to cloud what is happening right now. For so long we have watched horrendous meaningless football without a bright future to ***** while the team platys. That is not the truth we are living now. The truth is that this team is relevant, they are talented, and every game the young QB and young HC are growing, developing, improving. It has been forever since those 3 words have been used to describe this team and my experience as a fan.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I expect him to throw more as the season goes on. He was a pick machine in college and once defenses figure him out he will come down to earth. I still think he'll be a really good QB in this league.

Define pick machine.

Trubisky college career  41 TD  10 Int     Mahomes 2016 season 41 TD 10 Int   (career 93-29)

For their careers

Trubisky    had a .07 TD pct and .017 Int pct  on 572 passes.

Mahomes had a .07 TD pct and .021 Int pct on 1,349 passes.

Trubisky could easily turn out to be the better pro so I'm more than happy with Trubisky as the Bears' QB, but saying Mahomes was a pick machine  in college puts Trubisky in almost the same boat as in whole numbers  both would throw 2 picks per 100 passes during their college careers.

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Whether Trubisky is great or not...

We are in entirely uncharted waters as fans. 

Amen. I'm more optimistic going forward with Trubisky then I was with Cutler and any other Bears' QB over the last forever.

16 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Amen. I'm more optimistic going forward with Trubisky then I was with Cutler and any other Bears' QB over the last forever.

Years 1-3 of Cutler I still had high hope.

At that point it really started to deteriorate and leave me a little less hopeful each game.

Ya the peak of the Cutler era was the NFC CG where he tore ACL and still tried to play 2nd half .. I believe he played a series or 2 after tearing it ..

Mitch gives us so much to believe in and think about ..  football is happy  again  ?

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Ya the peak of the Cutler era was the NFC CG where he tore ACL and still tried to play 2nd half .. I believe he played a series or 2 after tearing it ..

Mitch gives us so much to believe in and think about ..  football is happy  again  ?

Cutler never tore his ACL

DpzmDgJXUAIdcMx.jpg

For the Mitch only throws short crowd.

Top 10 in deep pass attempts and completing 46% of them.

Based on the fact that all of those teams have played 6 games, the Bears are actually 3rd. The Bears are throwing the 3rd most deep shots a game.

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

DpzmDgJXUAIdcMx.jpg

Based on the fact that all of those teams have played 6 games, the Bears are actually 3rd. The Bears are throwing the 3rd most deep shots a game.

I was saying in the general thread this is the Trubisky I remember from draft time.  High comp% guy who also completed 40%+ on deep balls.  The development really seems to be coming along.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

DpzmDgJXUAIdcMx.jpg

This is poor journalism and yet another case of people believing everything they read without fact checking it first.

--Trubisky is 12-26, not 28 attempts....the 46% is correct.
--The Browns have 32 attempts, not 37. Taylor is 4-13 and Mayfield is 7-19 which puts them at 34%, not 32%.
--Keenum is 14-35 (40%), not 32 attempts 40%.
--etc,etc

When will people realize that media outlets will do anything to garner clicks.....even if it means spreading false info.

/end rant.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This is poor journalism and yet another case of people believing everything they read without fact checking it first.

--Trubisky is 12-26, not 28 attempts....the 46% is correct.
--The Browns have 32 attempts, not 37. Taylor is 4-13 and Mayfield is 7-19 which puts them at 34%, not 32%.
--Keenum is 14-35 (40%), not 32 attempts 40%.
--etc,etc

When will people realize that media outlets will do anything to garner clicks.....even if it means spreading false info.

/end rant.

There is no way a media outlet could be completely unreliable while still garnering the attention of millions? There is no way they could get paid so much while being idiots, right?

0754743001473041850_filepicker.jpg

Oh, well ****. Nevermind.

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I was saying in the general thread this is the Trubisky I remember from draft time.  High comp% guy who also completed 40%+ on deep balls.  The development really seems to be coming along.

His accuracy in college was the one thing that really stood out to me in videos. You need accuracy to be effective given the small windows you have in the NFL compared to many college defenses. Cade McNown was a decent college passer and nearly a complete bust in the NFL had it not been for Marcus Robinson being elite in going up for the up-chucked balls McNown routinely threw downfield to him.   Extra points for the reference connection to his UCLA days.

Archived