Trade for Phillip Dorset - WR Indy Colts

jwalter_81

If we're bringing in a new WR I want him to be big.  As a group our WRs might be among the smallest in the league.   I 6'4" , 225lb guy who overpower dbs or go up over them would be a welcome addition; another small, fast, shifty guy not so much.

Everything I've read about him as well is that he has greatly underperformed during his time with the Colts and that's what's lead to him not seeing the field much. I mean other than TY there's not much to that WR depth chart, I understand Moncrief has shown potential but his inability to stay healthy has only provided more opportunity for him to see and impress on the field. The fact that Chester Rogers, a UDFA last year, is thought to have a pretty good grasp of the WR 3 role should be pretty telling in itself. I'd rather keep what we have just in case of injury and as @Forge and @big9erfan stated we have Goodwin and a whole roster full of short, fast/quick, smaller WRs.

45 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Was a big fan of his during his draft process. Would be happy to watch him as a 49er. :)

I liked him coming out, but after watching him on the Colts over the last couple years, I don't think there's much of a reason to kick the tires. We're crowded enough with young wide receivers. 

However, if the price is minimal, why not? I'd be happy to see how he can do in new surroundings. 

Archived