YoungBucs15

Mike Smith Fired

Hilarious last week Dirk was laughing at the possibility of DC. This came from above Dirk. As far as j am concerned Dirk is walking the plank the rest of the season.

29 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Hilarious last week Dirk was laughing at the possibility of DC. This came from above Dirk. As far as j am concerned Dirk is walking the plank the rest of the season.

It is hilarious. But I also think Dirk knows it’s not all mike smith. The players need to be held accountable. 

Hence why I think making Duffner the DC doesn’t really fix the issue. It could be just as bad. 

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

THANK YOU! 

Had this happened two weeks ago maybe we would have beaten the Falcons. Whatever. Better late than never. Glad Koetter (unless this came from team Glazer) has some level of accountability for his staff.

The loss wasn’t all on the defense. They came on late. 

Interceptions in the oppononents territory cost us 6 points minimum on 1st and second down as well. 

41 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Monte Kiffin s run in college before coming to the NFL wasnt great.  Duffner could fail, as we know Mike Smith has already.  A no risk move.

Duffner was the DC in Cincinnati before.

The scoring defence was terrible, but the yardage allowed was surprisingly average. That’s probably indicative of how bad that Bengal offence was in 2002.

18 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Duffner was the DC in Cincinnati before.

The scoring defence was terrible, but the yardage allowed was surprisingly average. That’s probably indicative of how bad that Bengal offence was in 2002.

considering Duffner was DC under LeBeau I would expect some LB blitzes.  Heck, I would call LeBeau right now to take the Butch Davis role, cant hurt.

Should've happened two weeks ago so we could've used the bye week to fix more stuff.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I question how accurate this statement is. But here it is.

I called for him during the game on Sunday. The dline has been the best unit by far. Why wasn't he given a shot?

13 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I called for him during the game on Sunday. The dline has been the best unit by far. Why wasn't he given a shot?

No history calling plays and lets be honest our dline has not been lights out. It would have been a huge learning curve taking over week 7 in the season. 

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I question how accurate this statement is. But here it is.

I think this is fake news,  Strong support by the players.  It means more then one player, but was there a majority?   I m positive LaConfora has zero idea how many players preferred Buckner over Duffner.  Hack reporting, IMO.  

I applaud Koetter for making the move.  It s the only move he could make to save his job.  It should have been done sooner, but even that doesn't matter.  I hope Koetter survives because being a long time Bucs fan I have seen plenty of crappy offense, this last couple of years of competent to now elite offense has been refreshing.