Mike Smith Fired

YoungBucs15

This is the type of line stunts that I need to see from Duffner.  Rushing 4 against 5 or more blockers straight up is very difficult unless u have a Hall of Famer rusher.  The rules are too slanted towards the offense for a defense to get consistent pressure without stunts and/or sending extra rushers.

45 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. Koetter is 100% behind hanging his job on our coordinators.

If Duffner is a better play caller then Smith, the regime will be saved.  If the defense can improve on 3rd down and red zone efficiency, then Duffner did the job.

I agree with Koetter, the problems were on game day where a consultant cant help at all.  All Duffner has to do is get the defense to perform slightly below average.  

9 hours ago, ravishingone said:

If Duffner is a better play caller then Smith, the regime will be saved.  If the defense can improve on 3rd down and red zone efficiency, then Duffner did the job.

I agree with Koetter, the problems were on game day where a consultant cant help at all.  All Duffner has to do is get the defense to perform slightly below average.  

No team has ever allowed more than 30 points per game on defense over an entire season. If Duff can get us to 29.9, I'll be happy.

We also allow the highest yards per play in the league, on offense AND defense. If he can lower that number a bit too, I'll take it.

Archived