valkrei

Safeties we should look at

Either FA, or trade, considerations.

Tyvon Branch, Arizona Cardinals  ACL last season was playing very well prior, hes a bit old and has not come back this year yet...

As crazy as it may sound, I'm good with what we have. We should be getting Berry, Sorenson, Watts, and Murray back at some point. Anyone we sign or trade for would have to learn the defense and then they might be an upgrade for a week or two. Not worth it imo.

I will say though that once players come back, Lucas should get some more starting time with Parker taking a seat.

KSJ...sounds reasonable, but I'm not ready to say we "get Berry" back. It'd be nice, but something tells me it won't happen.

I agree that getting Berry back is no guarantee. Even if he does return, will he be the Berry we’re accustomed to? I would rather we save our draft picks for the draft so we can control a cheap contract for 4 years vs a short rental. 

I wouldn't mind a look at Karl Joseph. Still young, and I trust our coaching waaaaay more than Oakland's to turn him into something. Though, within the division, they might not be willing to trade him to us.

Yeah....I wouldn't be looking for the Berry of old relative to making big plays and hitting.  He's prob lost a step or two,  but that EXPERIENCE!!!!  He'd get the rest of the DB's in the right placed to make plays, then it's up to them.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:47 PM, kingseanjohn said:

As crazy as it may sound, I'm good with what we have. We should be getting Berry, Sorenson, Watts, and Murray back at some point. Anyone we sign or trade for would have to learn the defense and then they might be an upgrade for a week or two. Not worth it imo.

I will say though that once players come back, Lucas should get some more starting time with Parker taking a seat.

No thanks. Sorensen has been one of the WORST tacklers on defense.

Berry will be back this year so I’m definitely against it at this point. If he’s lost a step then he’ll be above average vs elite and I’m ok with that for this season. 

All i need from Berry is to be the same tackler he was preinjury. Thatll make this defense so much better.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

All i need from Berry is to be the same tackler he was preinjury. Thatll make this defense so much better.

AMEN