GDT: Vikings@Jets

bspice

I’m gonna start the thread early this week as it seems we hit a stride and I’m just excited to get the discussion going! 

I think this is going to be a tough defensive battle for both teams, but also a game where both teams feel they have something to prove against each other. For the Vikings, they want to show the Jets they made the right move signing Cousins and that there legit. For the Jets, it’s the opposite as they want to show the Vikings that Cousins made a mistake going there and also say thank you to the Vikings because they lead us to Darnold who I believe will be better than Cousins. 

Were a a little bit banged up in key positions but I think we’ll be fine as long as we get Skrine and Tru back or just one of them. Hopefully Pryor can go to because it looks like Q will be out for some time. I like that this is a home game for us as it gives us an advantage. Also I think Cousins is going to choke when it comes down to crunch time

prediction: Jets win 17-13

I'd like to stay optimistic and say we can continue a win streak... but this is going to be a hard one for us to win. They match up better than us in every aspect of the game except special teams maybe. This I hope is one of those games where we look competitive in the loss. Darnold learns some things and the offense at least shows up. On defense it could get ugly. I mean who's guarding Thielen and Diggs for us? We couldn't cover Indys depleted WRs, never mind these 2.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd like to stay optimistic and say we can continue a win streak... but this is going to be a hard one for us to win. They match up better than us in every aspect of the game except special teams maybe. This I hope is one of those games where we look competitive in the loss. Darnold learns some things and the offense at least shows up. On defense it could get ugly. I mean who's guarding Thielen and Diggs for us? We couldn't cover Indys depleted WRs, never mind these 2.

To me this is just another pre season game me. This will be a game that we will be playing from behind, and will be a great test for Darnold. to see how well he plays when the Jets are behind. This should be a low scoring game.  The defensive has to play a heck of a lot better than we did in the Colts game, if we fall ten points down early it will be a long day. I think the key in this game, can the O line hold up and keep Darnold, upright,

Maye is out with a broken finger. Q is out with a high ankle sprain. Rodgers is also returning as dc this week. 

Not sure how to feel about Rodgers. The d played good without him calling the plays.

Kearse is taking the slot role with Pryor working the outside with Anderson.  This is a good opportunity for Pryor who has scored a td in the last 2 games.

Overall I see us just barely picking up the win. Wanna say 27-24 .

3 hours ago, KBS756 said:

I struggle to see how we’re gonna win this if Rodgers is back and he calls plays like he did before ... defense is a whole different animal when Bowles calls it

When you consider all the top offensive players that did not play last Sunday for the Colts, the defensive was horrible. They dropped a sure TD pass, and how many other passes did the Colts drop. We had no pass rush at all. I did not see any difference between Bowles & Rodgers. To me it looks like a personnel problem, we just need better players. We are still looking for that impact player on defensive, I though it might be Adams, but so far that has not happen, he is still very young and he can only get better.

@bspice

Keep the mojo going with another good game thread.

Jets are going all green for this one.  Love when we go all white or all green.

Darnold is going to need to have another good game if we are going to have any shot.

Areas of optimism 
Our OL has been playing good and we need to run the ball
Their OL has been really bad so hopefully we can contain the run and pressure Cousins
Their D hasn't been as scary as previously thought so hopefully we can move the chains
They have been turning the ball over on offense and we have been causing them on D

Areas of concern
Our secondary is beat up and they are quietly becoming a very dangerous passing team (this is a major issue)
Our QB is a rookie and they have a stable vet
Q is hurt on offense and we need to score to keep up

This is going to be a very good test to gauge where we are at.  The place should be rocking and we have been playing well at home.  If we can somehow contain their pass attack we may be able to be in the game.  Hope we get the good Darnold this game because we will need him.

Prediction: 27-23 MIN

50 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Diggs and Thielen are going to eat us alive. I'm just gonna hope Darnold keep progressing. Any other positives will be a cherry on top.

Good point I agree, it really is all about Darnold, progressing.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

He might not even play. He’s questionable. 

I the site was down for awhile I was going to post the same thing about Pryor. He has not practice all week, That is why Mac is bringing in two more receives off the street. 

Archived