GDT: Vikings@Jets

bspice

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tough loss guys. The Jets are a hot and cold team though with some young talent on the team.

By all means, be hot against Chicago and Green Bay though!

Also, I still think you guys should've kept Bridgewater. He would've done better than Darnold so far.

Good luck going forward!!

So Teddy would've been able to play WR too? Incredible. 

hey guys, just checking and saying thanks for the good conversations this week and i'll be moving on...

let's face it, most of you expected a loss and there's no shame in the reality of we have a few more playmakers on our team than the Jets do. who knows how many more wins you might have if Thielen wore green.

best of success for the rest of the season.

28 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hey guys, just checking and saying thanks for the good conversations this week and i'll be moving on...

let's face it, most of you expected a loss and there's no shame in the reality of we have a few more playmakers on our team than the Jets do. who knows how many more wins you might have if Thielen wore green.

best of success for the rest of the season.

I didn't except that kind of game, I though at times it look like the Jets had Cousins  out of sync. So many of Cousins passes were blocked.  We played a fair defense game, but when you look at the scoreboard we gave up 34 points. But seems like all our games end up giving 30 points or more. Darnold, just turn 21 so he has a lot to learn. If you get all your players back healthy you will have a real shot to go far in the playoff. That wind today was much worst than it look like on tv. Anyway good luck, just beat Green Bay.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

So Teddy would've been able to play WR too? Incredible. 

No, but he would've played far better at QB. Maybe the WR would catch his passes!

That doesn't change the fact though that the Jets need more WR help of course.

Idk if Bowles is the guy for the job, but your team isn't that far off from competing for what its worth. Brady and Co won't play forever and the Jets will have good draft picks this year. Who knows

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

No, but he would've played far better at QB. Maybe the WR would catch his passes!

That doesn't change the fact though that the Jets need more WR help of course.

Idk if Bowles is the guy for the job, but your team isn't that far off from competing for what its worth. Brady and Co won't play forever and the Jets will have good draft picks this year. Who knows

The day we start drafting skill positions high is when this franchise will start winning. Sadly that never happens for us. We draft defense year after year early in drafts.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The day we start drafting skill positions high is when this franchise will start winning. Sadly that never happens for us. We draft defense year after year early in drafts.

Its helped Minnesota win. Of course when we do draft skill positions high (Treadwell/Cook/Patterson) they either end up hurt, play poorly or can't learn the offense.

Whatever happened to Devin Smith from OSU on your squad?

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its helped Minnesota win. Of course when we do draft skill positions high (Treadwell/Cook/Patterson) they either end up hurt, play poorly or can't learn the offense.

Whatever happened to Devin Smith from OSU on your squad?

We drafted him in 2015, in the second round. Even before he got hurt he showed very little. He only had 10 reception in his first two years with the Jets. He had many serious injuries after his first year, and in his third year with the Jets he got hurt again in training camp and was lost for the season again. Now he is out of football completely. Now looking back it is a sad story, because the kid had talent, but the injuries and the Jets QB situation Smith, never had a chance.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

We drafted him in 2015, in the second round. Even before he got hurt he showed very little. He only had 10 reception in his first two years with the Jets. He had many serious injuries after his first year, and in his third year with the Jets he got hurt again in training camp and was lost for the season again. Now he is out of football completely. Now looking back it is a sad story, because the kid had talent, but the injuries and the Jets QB situation Smith, never had a chance.

Man that's awful. I liked him a lot in college, and thought he'd be better than Michael Thomas. Yikes!

Hopefully you guys get Darnold more help soon 

Overall pretty much expected that outcome.  Thought it would be a bit closer but when you turn the ball over (not blaming Darnold at all) that's what happens.

Thought the D played great until the end where they just got winded it seemed after a few quick TO's.

Sam struggled with the wind and lack of WR talent especially 2nd half.

Secondary held up better than expected missing 3 of the top 5 against a very good passing team.

Need to get Herndon more involved with the lack of WR talent at the moment.

Overall I think we are heading in the right direction just not ready to play against the top teams quite yet especially that banged up.

Man the drop balls killed the jets. Darnold was on and the drops kept coming. I think the OL did average to above average and the D did fine for the situations they where put in. The biggest problem is Long as the center. The guy can not snap the ball to the QB. This kid who is 21 has to worry about the ball coming to him now if it is low or high left or right. We need a center BAD. The other part is that we are down on the DB and WR. I think if we where at full  strength they would have won this game. Remember guys this is one of the best teams in the league we went up against. 

That is the last thing we have to worry about is Darnold, arm strength, it was 100% the wind, Look at Cousins, ever game this year he avg. over 350 yards passing, Sunday he just got over 250. He will learn how to play in the win, that has always been a problem for all teams playing on our home field. There is something nobody is talking about is how strong our D backfield is. We had two starters out and we did ok. Its hard to find another NFL team that is better d backfield than ours. Now lets take about Roberts yesterday If he is not a one game wonder we really got something special, this kid no only make great plays one right after another, he led the team in tackles. I said it yesterday and I will say it again his recovery speed  is unbelievable. I hope the Jets don't bury this kid on the bench. By the way this is Darrly Roberts, not the other Roberts who fumbles all the time.

Archived