Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bspice

GDT: Vikings@Jets

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we Vikes are hungry. we want to pillage your shiny New York things.

New York things or New Jersey things?  And what's all this talk about Pryor?  The only relevant Pryor is Richard and he's dead.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Capitalized proper nouns but not the start of sentences? Why?

you must be new around here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple things we have going for us this game: 

1) Our offense is clicking

2) bspice started the game day thread

Number two alone should give us the win. 35-32 NYJ

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

we Vikes are hungry. we want to pillage your shiny New York things.

I expect us to lose. But not as easy as you seem to think. I also think there more heart innthus game for us. Cousins played us just to get money. Darnold andbthe staff want to show up to show we are just as good without him here. And let’s be real... while you’re the more talented team... you’re 3-2-1 with a loss to the Buffalo Bills!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

you must be new around here....

 

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to lose. But not as easy as you seem to think. I also think there more heart innthus game for us. Cousins played us just to get money. Darnold andbthe staff want to show up to show we are just as good without him here. And let’s be real... while you’re the more talented team... you’re 3-2-1 with a loss to the Buffalo Bills!!!

Dike daddy don't you belong on you own board with Klomp, swede700, & marshpitz23, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't look good for our WR core

Rob Anderson    hamstring      DNP

T, Pryor                Groin               DNP

Q Enumwa           high ankle sprain  DNP

No wonder Macc, brought in Rishard Matthews. & Cory Coleman for a try out. Both these guys are not on any NFL roster

 

 

Edited by doumeyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea on who we sign at wr? Missing q, Anderson, n Pryor this week. I know we brought in Coleman & Matthews but didn't sign either. Also kinda worried about Crowell missing practice & being stuck with just Powell for sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erncredible24 said:

Any idea on who we sign at wr? Missing q, Anderson, n Pryor this week. I know we brought in Coleman & Matthews but didn't sign either. Also kinda worried about Crowell missing practice & being stuck with just Powell for sunday

Anderson should play and Pryor will be close. Q is out a 3-4 weeks. Peake is supposed to be back and Roberts is also there. So I imagine they’re thinking we still have....

Anderson, Pryor, Kearse, Peake, Roberts. Where it’s a big issue is if Anderson and Pryor can’t play. But that will be typical Jets... no skill position players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to lose. But not as easy as you seem to think. 

oh i have no idea how this game will go and do not in any way think it's a cakewalk for the Vikings. we have been very hot and cold so far this year, so who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Minnesota Vikings have only faced one veteran quarterback this year. On Sunday in the Meadowlands, former USC star Sam Darnold will become the third rookie quarterback to face the Vikings in seven weeks. Two other foes, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz, are entering their third years in the NFL and Jimmy Garoppolo made just the eighth start of his career on opening day.

Head coach Mike Zimmer has generally dominated unseasoned quarterbacks. Last year, the Vikings defeated Mitch Trubisky and Brett Hundley twice, easily beat DeShone Kizer and slowed Jared Goff to seven points.

That trend isn’t new. Quarterbacks in their first, second or third years in the NFL have only beaten Zimmer five times in 22 tries. Fifteen of those games have featured multiple sacks, 11 have gone under 200 yards and six have included multiple interceptions. Those numbers don’t include Garoppolo, who went 15-for-33 with 261 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/10/prepping-another-rookie-vikings-defense-slows-inexperienced-qbs/

 

for whatever that is worth...

Edited by vike daddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to lose. But not as easy as you seem to think. I also think there more heart innthus game for us. Cousins played us just to get money. Darnold andbthe staff want to show up to show we are just as good without him here. And let’s be real... while you’re the more talented team... you’re 3-2-1 with a loss to the Buffalo Bills!!!

There was no excuse to lose to the Bills, but that's what our Vikings do...they lose some game that they were heavily favored in.  In 2016, it was the Colts, in 2015, it was the 49ers...hell, in 2014, it was the Bills then too.  Last year was one of the few years that they didn't really lose one that they shouldn't have...except maybe for the Lions game when Dalvin Cook went out.  

I'm not expecting this to be an easy game, but I do expect that the Vikings should win...but, it's gonna be close, just like the 2014 game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, swede700 said:

New York things or New Jersey things?  And what's all this talk about Pryor?  The only relevant Pryor is Richard and he's dead.  ;)

You and DIKE DADDY are a pair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, swede700 said:

There was no excuse to lose to the Bills, but that's what our Vikings do...they lose some game that they were heavily favored in.  In 2016, it was the Colts, in 2015, it was the 49ers...hell, in 2014, it was the Bills then too.  Last year was one of the few years that they didn't really lose one that they shouldn't have...except maybe for the Lions game when Dalvin Cook went out.  

I'm not expecting this to be an easy game, but I do expect that the Vikings should win...but, it's gonna be close, just like the 2014 game.  

With the more experienced QB, our secondary dismantled, and your talented WR core it's going to be really tough on Darnold to keep pace.  Add to the fact that our WR core is now equally injured with only Kearse of the top 4 guys not currently dealing with an injury.

Would be a huge win if we can pull this off given the situations of each team going into this game.

Darnold needs to be on his game if we have any shot and OL needs to continue to play at a high level.  I think if we get the good Darnold and good OL play we should be at least be able to keep it close and not get smoked.

Edited by Rockice_8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

The Minnesota Vikings have only faced one veteran quarterback this year. On Sunday in the Meadowlands, former USC star Sam Darnold will become the third rookie quarterback to face the Vikings in seven weeks. Two other foes, Jared Goff and Carson Wentz, are entering their third years in the NFL and Jimmy Garoppolo made just the eighth start of his career on opening day.

Head coach Mike Zimmer has generally dominated unseasoned quarterbacks. Last year, the Vikings defeated Mitch Trubisky and Brett Hundley twice, easily beat DeShone Kizer and slowed Jared Goff to seven points.

That trend isn’t new. Quarterbacks in their first, second or third years in the NFL have only beaten Zimmer five times in 22 tries. Fifteen of those games have featured multiple sacks, 11 have gone under 200 yards and six have included multiple interceptions. Those numbers don’t include Garoppolo, who went 15-for-33 with 261 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/10/prepping-another-rookie-vikings-defense-slows-inexperienced-qbs/

 

for whatever that is worth...

I don't think any of us here are expecting a win. We just want it to be close and for Darnold to keep showing us why he was picked #3 overall. Our receivers are decimated and so is our secondary. We have quite the uphill battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×